25% discount on ford parts to members

eastern

Reaction score
I have a 2017 that had a camera in the tailgate. Took box off and installed a utility body. I need a compatible camera that I can install in or on rear bumper. Any Ideas?

sunrisefordparts

Reaction score
I have a 2017 that had a camera in the tailgate. Took box off and installed a utility body. I need a compatible camera that I can install in or on rear bumper. Any Ideas?

you may have to entertain aftermarket ideas for something that could interface with the oem style. other option could possibly be the style in the emblem which has the raised base where the camera mounts and the ford oval off the top and run wiring through the gate on the box or what not.

sootie

Reaction score

you may have to entertain aftermarket ideas for something that could interface with the oem style. other option could possibly be the style in the emblem which has the raised base where the camera mounts and the ford oval off the top and run wiring through the gate on the box or what not.

i know on chassis cabs you can order them with a loose camera and wiring harness. The chassis side wiring is already run. Maybe sunrise can see if the plugs are the same and you buy a loose camera?

eastern

Reaction score
The wiring is there from where I unplugged the original camera. My 2012 I took the camera out of the latch and mounted below the tailgate of the utility. Just don't want to remove camera from my 17 tailgate. This is the camera that came on my 17 550 bucket truck. Might have to call them to see where they got this one from. backup camera.jpg

FYI I need camera for my f350 that is a 17 as well.

Last edited:

sunrisefordparts

Reaction score
The wiring is there from where I unplugged the original camera. My 2012 I took the camera out of the latch and mounted below the tailgate of the utility. Just don't want to remove camera from my 17 tailgate. This is the camera that came on my 17 550 bucket truck. Might have to call them to see where they got this one from.View attachment 49381

FYI I need camera for my f350 that is a 17 as well.

they show a camera which I believe is used for adding a back up camera on a trailer which looks just like the one picture and comes with wiring. list $276.63 sell $199.18. it says it has a 6 pin connector but im not sure how it works if the truck doesn't have the towing vision system. part number is HC3Z 19G490-R

eastern

Reaction score
Found a camera thanks for the help though. Rostra makes one that plugged right into oem harness.thumbnail.jpg

LOL just noticed I have a clearance light out. Da

kleake

Reaction score
2008 F250 4x4 Lariat

Looking for front right body mount (by radiator), the metal components. Evidently the lower portion of mine got lost during my last cab off and it's nowhere to be found.

Steering stabilizer: I've got the holes in the steering and track bar, but no stabilizer. Most aftermarket stabilizers have the stud on one end and open on the other. What do I need to add this factory style stabilizer?

Latest posts

Members online