160/30 injectors real world reviews

JO9816

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've been looking hard at aftermarket injectors and turbos, and have pretty much decided on a set of 160/30 injectors. Mainly because I'm on a budget and I don't have the time or money to put into a ton of supporting mods at the moment. I'm pretty set on the drop in ball bearing turbo from Dieselsite for my truck since it is an early 99 and I don't have a lot of options other than a t4 mount which exceeds my budget. What I'm mainly looking for is people that are currently running or have ran some 160/30 injectors with no supporting mods or a lot of supporting mods (hpop, turbo, fuel system upgrades ect.) Did you like the setup? Did it meet, not meet, or exceed the kind of power you were expecting? My truck is currently a daily driver, and I tow a boat quite often in the summer, but the boat only weighs about 5k so not much of a load at all. I only want to do injectors once, and I don't want to be disappointed in the power from 160/30. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

mandkole

Reaction score
The question really is what do you want? Going to single shots from splits is a nice upgrade and it a better use of the oil. Just bolting those in with decent tuning you should get you 350-375 on a max effort file. Compared to stock, it wont set the world on fire, but its a decent kick in the behind.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on other upgrades for those injectors until parts die. Then upgrade the pump, turbo, etc.

JO9816

Reaction score
I want to be right at or a little above 400 and from my understanding, I should be able to achieve that if I do all of the supporting mods. Do you think I'd be better off getting some small hybrids like a 238/80 and tuning them down until I get all of the supporting mods? I really don't want to have to stud it if I can help it.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
200/80's would be perfect for what you want since you are upgrading the turbo.

And with that design you could easily hold 3k icp all day with the stock hpop.

JO9816

Reaction score
I think I would enjoy the 200/80 a lot more, but I want to maintain as much reliability as I have now. I also don't want to have to put a ton of supporting mods in it like a whole new fuel system, studs, rods, springs. I like the idea of saving money on an hpop, but if I have to put it towards a ton of supporting mods, I'm not saving much.

The Brad

Reaction score
The way I see it, you have 2 options: 160/xx, or bigger, but detuned until/in case you want more power. The only question is, will you have the funds and desire to chase more power?

Arisley

Reaction score
You won't need to do anything to the 200/80's they will run just fine on a totally stock truck. Supporting mods. will improve their performance even more, but they will be fine at stock.

Reliability wise, injectors from the guy that recommended them to you would be at least as reliable as the injectors that International put in there when they built the motor.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Agreed that PIS is a good quality injector builder.

Stay away from the 175/xx if you want to run your stock HPOP. They require more oil than stock injectors.

I wanted more fuel than the 160's but did not want to much more. 175's sounded good. I wish I had stepped up to a 200 or 238 hybrid.

Now that I have a good pump my rig runs great but I could not maintain over 2,200 PSI with a stock pump or even a modified pump.

JO9816

Reaction score
With my php hydra cranked all the way to "extreme", I see about 2700-2800 at WOT, so I might need a new pump anyways unless the hybrids use a lot less oil. There's nothing wrong with the injectors now (knock on wood), so do you think it'd be best to put all the supporting mods on and then add the injectors?

ja_cain

Reaction score
With my php hydra cranked all the way to "extreme", I see about 2700-2800 at WOT, so I might need a new pump anyways unless the hybrids use a lot less oil. There's nothing wrong with the injectors now (knock on wood), so do you think it'd be best to put all the supporting mods on and then add the injectors?

If you are holding that kind of icp with stock injectors and an extreme tune then the pump will most definitely be ok with the hybrids. Just go with the hybrids with 80% nozzles and then head down my way in Chesterfield so I can check them out. Lol! That's what I'm leaning towards when I replace mine.

Justin

JO9816

Reaction score
If you are holding that kind of icp with stock injectors and an extreme tune then the pump will most definitely be ok with the hybrids. Just go with the hybrids with 80% nozzles and then head down my way in Chesterfield so I can check them out. Lol! That's what I'm leaning towards when I replace mine.

Justin

I'd actually have to head up your way haha, I'm in Dinwiddie but that's still not very far at all. I think I'm pretty convinced now on the 200/80 since they'll give me some room to grow. I blame my friend and his 6.0 for giving me this new itch for more power lol!

JO9816

Reaction score
Another question, how long will my trans last? I did get it beefed up pretty good by a local builder last year and haven't had any issues...yet. As long as I don't hammer down every single time I get in the truck to drive I should be fine right? Thanks for the advice so far guys!

mandkole

Reaction score
Another question, how long will my trans last? I did get it beefed up pretty good by a local builder last year and haven't had any issues...yet. As long as I don't hammer down every single time I get in the truck to drive I should be fine right? Thanks for the advice so far guys!

Stock transmissions can be killed with stock power and aggressive towing duty cycle due to the time spent at high power levels. Upgraded triple disk converter, valve body, converter controls (like sonnax valves) and excellent trans clutch condition will give the best chance for life when subjected to higher power, towing duty cycles, full power upshifts, etc. I killed a precision converter in 40-50K miles and the bts trans clutches were notably worn.

In other words, plan on getting into the trans quickly once you begin to spend more time at higher power levels.

Latest posts

Members online