Shocks/best riding setup

slc6oh

Reaction score
Trucks about due for shocks and jus curious if 5100’s are still the “go to”

Thinking ill get a set of leveling springs for the front (carli or icon)

What do you guys like for shocks?

(15’ f350)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
no they arent. Fox 2.0 IFP.

If you are getting carli springs (which are the best), get the custom valved foxes they sell, to match them.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
no they arent. Fox 2.0 IFP.

If you are getting carli springs (which are the best), get the custom valved foxes they sell, to match them.
what is different about the fox 2.0s over the bilstien 5100s? i used 5100s this last time and they where awesome. until the last couple months.. i really need new ones. im looking into different options as well..

live life full throttle

JRLott

Reaction score
I think Sootie’s referring to the fact they are valved by Carli to work with their springs. Regular 5100s vs. regular Fox 2.0s...I couldn’t justify the cost being double. Was regretting that until recently reading about Fox not lasting quite as long as I think they should.

Interested to read more experiences. Yes, I’d love Carli Deavers out back with Carli Kings...

IvanBlock

Reaction score
Carli pintop over here. Kings > waste your money

Jomax

Reaction score
I think Sootie’s referring to the fact they are valved by Carli to work with their springs. Regular 5100s vs. regular Fox 2.0s...I couldn’t justify the cost being double. Was regretting that until recently reading about Fox not lasting quite as long as I think they should.

Interested to read more experiences. Yes, I’d love Carli Deavers out back with Carli Kings...

Out of the box foxes are better then the bilsteins..

Jomax

Reaction score
im asking how they are better? if anyone can tell me...

live life full throttle

Best quick response is kinda like bilstien is Rancho and fox is fox. They’re just a better built shock.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Best quick response is kinda like bilstien is Rancho and fox is fox. They’re just a better built shock.

i dont understand i guess.. lol

the better Ranchos dont push themselves out. bilstien 5100s do.. how are fox any different from them or are they the same? 5100s are the same size as the fox 2.0s aren't they?

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
i dont understand i guess.. lol

the better Ranchos dont push themselves out. bilstien 5100s do.. how are fox any different from them or are they the same? 5100s are the same size as the fox 2.0s aren't they?

live life full throttle

Here lies the difference, most 2in shocks, the internals don’t fill in the full 2in. So pretty much oil capacity drops. Which means the shock really isn’t a 2in diameter shock.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok. im convinced.. who on here sells them or does anyone know of a good online/cyber monday deal to order from?

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
and how much difference are the fox ifp 2.0 and the 2.0 rese's?

live life full throttle

only difference with a resi shock is how long the oil takes to heat up and how fast it cools. The longer the oil can stay at optimal temperature, the more consistent the ride is. I know some on here will disagree with me but i cant see the point of resis on a truck that never leaves the pavement. Now if we are talking lowered trucks that need the resi because of the short amount of travel they have and the need to have more room for oil-thats a different story.

Latest posts

Members online