OBS Crew cab PIC THREAD

LawnRanger

Reaction score
All I need really is just a Dana 60 and just have solid axle 2wd. I don't go off road much except to fish and deer hunt. I just want the front end a little higher

Leveling kit, or 2wd lift kit will get it done.

But who makes a 2wd lift kit/level kit for the OBS diesel. Everywhere I look they all say not for diesel applications.

purpleheart,
I was just looking back at some of these posts and came across this. Found out just recently that if you call one of the many lift kit company's, they can throw something together to make a 2wd lift for ya.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Before

20110221132840.jpg

After

DSC03208.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Holy crap, that looks tough! I'm usually not a dually fan, but that truck is down right good looking. Well done. Is the TTB gone up front?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Heres mine after the RSK and SD axles. Also, after the motor went back in with all the HP upgrades. It has been running very nice and I dont even have it live tuned yet. :ford:

Some great looking rides in here.

IMG_0726.jpg

On edit. It now has smoked cab lights to match the head lights. Which IMO looks much better. LMC clear ones that I smoked and cleared.

IMG_0798.jpg

Last edited:

purpleheart350

Reaction score
purpleheart,
I was just looking back at some of these posts and came across this. Found out just recently that if you call one of the many lift kit company's, they can throw something together to make a 2wd lift for ya.

Thanks for the heads up. I am still waiting for you to repost your block heater plug relocation little write up. I saw it once and tried looking for it again but no luck finding it. I have been wanting to do the same to mine ever since I got it but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Haven't been looking for parts to hard though.

kramarj

Reaction score
Heres mine after the RSK and SD axles. Also, after the motor went back in with all the HP upgrades. It has been running very nice and I dont even have it live tuned yet. :ford:

Some great looking rides in here.

View attachment 10764

On edit. It now has smoked cab lights to match the head lights. Which IMO looks much better. LMC clear ones that I smoked and cleared.

View attachment 10765

That is one awsome looking truck! Well done.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its been a work in progress. Only a few more little things to do.

Brad your truck turned out bad ass. Love the colors. Thats been an awesome build.

LawnRanger

Reaction score
I am still waiting for you to repost your block heater plug relocation little write up. I saw it once and tried looking for it again but no luck finding it. I have been wanting to do the same to mine ever since I got it but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Haven't been looking for parts to hard though.

I don't remember doing a write up, but that don't mean I didn't. LOL Not that big a deal, just got a plug for a semi tractor at the local truck dealership, (I think you can get them at Napa too) decided where I wanted it, drilled the whole, and installed the plug. Cut the plug off of the ford plug wire, and wired it up to the new plug. It really is, just that easy.

obs'r

Reaction score
Here is mine, It's a gasser but is getting a 97 psd engine sometime this winter after I finish some other projects.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 127

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
LOL This just made my day. Where you successful? :toast:
eeh, semi. It just led to a conversation about how after 8 years I was still attracted to her. Truth is, being married is like having a P.B.&J sandwich everyday for lunch..... I wonder what this is gonna be like? These OBS'S have just done it for me for the last 18 years and that clean black dually is a sexy bitch.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online