Best DoubleDin HeadUnit

David S.

Reaction score
Whats the best double-din headunit out there? Had a pioneer DD in my old truck with bluetooth, but the ipod cable stuck out in the front and I was told it couldn't be hidden in the back.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
the ipod cable's can be hidden. I have one in the front that plays video, and one in the glove box that ipod stays hooked to. It's an alpine DD.. But the new pioneer's are real nice. My boss just got the new Kenwood and it's freaking sweet! so either of those would get my vote

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ive got kenwood, pioneer and alpine double din's. I like the kenwood the best as far as features and price. Plus its gps makes all the others a joke. Sound wise Id give the pioneers the edge. But I use the gps alot and that bumps the kenwood up above them in my opinion. To each their own though :D

David S.

Reaction score
Ive got kenwood, pioneer and alpine double din's. I like the kenwood the best as far as features and price. Plus its gps makes all the others a joke. Sound wise Id give the pioneers the edge. But I use the gps alot and that bumps the kenwood up above them in my opinion. To each their own though :D

I really would love a GPS, but most of the price tag's I've looked at have been well over 1k. What did the kenwood run you if you don't mind me asking?

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought mine from bestbuy and paid way to much.

Check out http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

I paid around 699 or more for my mine and added gps to it with the kenwood gps module which uses garmin gps equipment.

I later found out sonic had the same radio for $499.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have a pioneer avic z2 that has been upgraded to a z3 hard drive and love it but like crowz said the kenwoods gps is wayyyyyy better

Goose

Reaction score

Want to part with one? :)

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I went Pioneer also this year. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD was a steal at under $400 when i got mine. Great sound and tons of options out the back.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I just sold a pioneer d3 and it was a nice unit but the navigation that pioneer has is crap as mentioned above.
I just installed a kenwood dnx9600 and it's awesome.

Both have nice units under the 1k price point.

Evil Eye

Reaction score
If you aren't looking for Nav and DVD, I have the Clarion CX-609 and it's a great unit. It has bluetooth, USB, IPOD controls and decent power. I also like that I can adjust the color to exactly match my interior lights (Ford green). Here's a pic installed in my truck.

photo-2.jpg

David S.

Reaction score
Went and looked at some headunits this weekend and I'm torn between a Pioneer and a Kenwood. I love the Pioneer because it has a huge screen and the Kenwood has great GPS. Decisions, decisions......

rat49f6

Reaction score
another vote for kenwood i love mine and check out
onlinecarstereo.com
great prices even a few kenwoods in the clearance section

David S.

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check that out.

Where is everyone else getting theres from?

Latest posts

Members online