Driveshaft Hoops

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
here is my 2 piece $185

b6aeada6.jpg

Now that is shexy

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
That's the only ones I still have. You can run them on a one peice you just leave the back part off. Ill try and find a pic of them installed.

No sir, my buddy makes them. And he is in the process of getting a bigger shop and building a bigger plasma table so he can't make anymore right now and my plasma table isn't set up yet so I can't make any more lol.

I had loops for the front to but they sold out fast. All I have left is piece rears.

05wh250

Reaction score
6unatury.jpg

I'll be making the back universal shield out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

I'd like to do this for the rear also. How do you plan to mount it? I can't decide what would be best for supporting it.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
6unatury.jpg

I'll be making the back universal shield out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to do this for the rear also. How do you plan to mount it? I can't decide what would be best for supporting it.[/QUOTE]

I'll be working on it tonight and this weekend I'll get some picks when I figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

05wh250

Reaction score
I'll be working on it tonight and this weekend I'll get some picks when I figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
reviving this thread from the dead but looking for more pics of how guys have done hoops or shields....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm going to send you some but I will add them to this thread to help others as well.

imelmo

Reaction score
In for answers. I have a set for a Dodge here somewhere. I'm gonna see if I can modify them to fit my truck. Is there a particular spot on the driveshafts that they are supposed to be?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
There are usually two parts to the rule

1. is that you need a hoop... the hoop should keep the drive shaft from hitting the ground and causing the truck to pogo from the driveshaft. Generally the ones that summit and Jegs sell are perfect and you can bolt them to the fuel tank cross member. They are a little small for our bigger shafts so you have to have them centered pretty well.

2. is that you need a scatter shield for the u-joints that are visible from the ground. so the very front joint and the very rear joint at the axles. These need to be tubing of 1/4" steel or 3/8' aluminum in general. These should extend all the way around the u-joint. I think I made mine 6" to 8" long and they were 6 or 8 inches in diameter. Then I made them bolt together so you could service them. So half of the shield would come off. The other pieces were 3/8" by 2" and they bolted to the webbing on the differential. I could have swore I took pics way back in the day but finding them is going to suck... stay tuned

Rubenk

Reaction score
Yep definitely need some straps for mine too, I have the u joint shields already.

Didnt even think to look at jegs for generic ones.

Now how about axle bolt shields? Some rules have rules for any exposed bolts being covered on the end of my axle(dana 80). Any ideas there?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep definitely need some straps for mine too, I have the u joint shields already.

Didnt even think to look at jegs for generic ones.

Now how about axle bolt shields? Some rules have rules for any exposed bolts being covered on the end of my axle(dana 80). Any ideas there?
what year is the dana 80? any oem cap will work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online