6.7 CCV question

Bluewaterkeith

Reaction score
I took off my CCV ventilation system. Should the port where the oil returns to the crankcase be completely full to the lip with oil? I'm talking about on the crankcase side. If you had a CCV mod kit it would be the port where the cap goes.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes they are usually pretty full. Makes a mess down the valve cover when you pull em off.

DieselDog

Reaction score
There is oil in this area because system it not just a ventilation it's a oil separator. It separate the oil from the vapor returning the oil back to the crankcase so the return side will have a large amount of oil pudding in the valve cover port. Due to the amount of crankcase pressure these engine creat vapors that carry oil with the vapor that's why in some cases when ******** this system with some aftermarket system customers report oil consumption they created the oil loss by removing the engines ability to separate the oil from the vapor so now oil and vapors are vented to the ground or exhaust system depending on design of system. In most cases it gives the truck a nice rust resistance under coating from all the oil be blown out the valve cover vent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online