Cheap option to replacing fuel filter housing

rhorsers

Reaction score
Ok, I am knew to OBS but not to the 7.3. I have a 2001 and know enough about it to get me in trouble. Not as much trouble as the bad decisions I made for mods prior to researching so I am trying to do better for the OBS I picked up. The fuel filter housing is shot and basically corroded out from what I can gather. This is a salvage title farm truck that runs great. About 250,000 on it. Is there any good cheap work around for the stock filter housing when it is bad. I don't want to spend tons on it since it will never be a nice truck but want to make good changes for power, mileage, reliability, and just smart upgrades. What are your ideas/recommendations? Should I just go back with the stock housing or is it worth spending the money for a complete fuel system? Will it make a big difference in mileage, power, reliability? Which is the best bang for the buck with a beater truck? Just wondering is there something to clean up the valley by getting rid of the stock housing.

superpsd

Reaction score
I removed the fuel bowl and added a spin on filter that is bolted to the fender. To do this you need an aftermarket adjustable regulator. You need the filter mount napa/wix, some hose, clamps, regulator with orb to JIC fittings to connect return hoses to regulator and to return, liquid filled gauge to set and monitor pressure. And that's it. Most expensive part is the regulator. The filter base will bolt to the fender near the master cylinder with pre existing holes if you use the basic napa wix base. Cleans up the valley and makes access to the hpop and IPR a breeze.

Last edited:

needen$77

Reaction score
Next time mine need orings im doing that would those parts be usable for efuel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online