High egts feels like drag

scparrish

Reaction score
Just to update this thread over here.

The drag issue looks to be caused by excessive transmission line pressure. Just had the trans gone through by BTS and everything looked great. They did swap out the pressure control valve and that dropped some line pressure but not much. The truck is producing twice as much line pressure than what it should at idle in every gear.

My next steps are to reflash the computer. If that doesn't work I guess I will take a look at the wiring harness.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Just to update this thread over here.

The drag issue looks to be caused by excessive transmission line pressure. Just had the trans gone through by BTS and everything looked great. They did swap out the pressure control valve and that dropped some line pressure but not much. The truck is producing twice as much line pressure than what it should at idle in every gear.

My next steps are to reflash the computer. If that doesn't work I guess I will take a look at the wiring harness.

does it do this with all tunes?

scparrish

Reaction score
It does it with the factory tune, tsd, wildman, and your tuning.

Also another important bit of information. I just drove up to BTS and they pulled the trans and went through everything, including the pump, and it all looked brand new, except a little burn in on the direct clutch pack. So the replaced the pressure solenoid which got rid of the irradic and ridiculously hard shifting and they replaced the direct clutch pack. The converter went out about a month or two prior to my trip up to them, it was rebuilt by PI.

Last edited:

scparrish

Reaction score
I replaced the transmission wiring harness and that seems to have resolved the line pressure issue and the drag. The truck feels way lighter on its' feet now. Props to Andy Warren for talking to me about the issue I was having and pointing me toward the harness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online