Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Truck Audio

Old 06-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Ok good to know.

I don't trust that spreadsheet either cause its a generation newer that mine (2014, sync2?) and a complete different H/U I'm assuming since its F150.

I unfortunately don't have access to a o-scope or I'd fiddle myself. I was messing around recently and tried some of the values on that F150 spreadsheet, but nothing made an audible difference each time I changed a value. I figured if I was changing to a 4v un-amp'd signal, I'd have very minimal sound coming from the speakers in the stock config (H/U direct to speaker since I've got the non-sony system). Nothing changed though, volume knob functioned the same regardless of settings and sound was at normal levels.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetExpress_6.7 View Post
Ok good to know.

I don't trust that spreadsheet either cause its a generation newer that mine (2014, sync2?) and a complete different H/U I'm assuming since its F150.

I unfortunately don't have access to a o-scope or I'd fiddle myself. I was messing around recently and tried some of the values on that F150 spreadsheet, but nothing made an audible difference each time I changed a value. I figured if I was changing to a 4v un-amp'd signal, I'd have very minimal sound coming from the speakers in the stock config (H/U direct to speaker since I've got the non-sony system). Nothing changed though, volume knob functioned the same regardless of settings and sound was at normal levels.

Not sure what's going on with yours... If you have been changing the values as described in the spreadsheet, you should have noticed some difference. some of those choices disable different channels. for example, one of the variables disables your rear speaker output completely.

I am not done tuning the system yet. next time I play with it I will try to take a video of the differences between variables....
Old 06-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Ok thanks. Agreed with your statement of disabling channels though. I tried a lot of different combos, and nothing changed. At least nothing I could tell anyway...

I'd have to believe that our ACMs are much more similar than the new style (aluminum bodies) so I appreciate the help. The way you have your setup now, does the factory volume knob control the volume as it was originally? or do you have a separate volume knob on the amp to the door speakers? (i.e. is your output variable or fixed)
Old 06-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetExpress_6.7 View Post
Ok thanks. Agreed with your statement of disabling channels though. I tried a lot of different combos, and nothing changed. At least nothing I could tell anyway...

I'd have to believe that our ACMs are much more similar than the new style (aluminum bodies) so I appreciate the help. The way you have your setup now, does the factory volume knob control the volume as it was originally? or do you have a separate volume knob on the amp to the door speakers? (i.e. is your output variable or fixed)
I can choose to use either the Bitone or the head unit as a volume control. I chose to fix the bitone and use the head unit as a volume control. therefore, i have mine set to variable. I like modifying stuff, but I like it to be as functional as it was stock.

Using the Bitone for a volume source is PITA. Further, you loose the steering wheel controls.

FYI: my ACM was not discoverable originally with ForScan. I had to email them and they sent me a modified version of the software. they said they would incorporate this into later builds, not sure if they did. I haven't had time to play with this since then....

Last edited by PrecisionEngine; 06-26-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Probably not intune with your stuff but on my 16 i was able to remove stuff on the radio so parts are avalible. I dont have a bunch of aftermarket stuff so past that i dont know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
PRETTY MUCH STOCK