FoMoCo get it together.

KingStroker

Reaction score
I have heard a few guys talking about F250's riding a bit low or high on one side. I noticed mine leaning .75" a while back and had lift blocks fabricated to fix the issue, after coming to the conclusion that the rear spring was the culprit. I am currently running a 4.5" lift and with the provided blocks I have regained the factory "Allowance" of <1". Lol I am wondering if there is a shim kit available to correct it, or if my only option is to get custom blocks made.
Thanks in advance!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The spring is the same from side to side, its the fuel tank being on the driver side right in the same general area as the spring that makes it sag a little. And FORD can't win in this argument, too many people complain their 3/4 - 1 ton trucks ride too rough ( say 99 - 07 ). So Ford lengthens the leaf's 8" IIRC on the 08-10 trucks to soften the ride with out sacrificing the payload and hauling capabilities. Though yet it improved the ride people still complained it wasn't enough. So move forward to the 11-15 trucks, Ford now went to a two leaf spring pack ( thicker individually but not as strong ) to soften the ride even more. Well now you have a truck that rides a lot better but squats when you load a sack of groceries in the back.

Its a lose lose situation for them, no matter who they cater to they can't win. Maybe doing a all air spring set up like RAM did is the answer.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We have a customer with a 6" BDS lift, including HEAVY rear BDS springs and no block and his still sits about 3/4" lower on the drivers side. BDS sells a shim kit that is 1" tall. We installed that and it is now a little over 1/4" on the drivers side. Certainly better now than it ever has been.

The shim bolted in below the coil, worked really well actually.

strokinpower

Reaction score
I took my 2014 to the dealer because it was over an inch low on the drivers side (mainly front) even with an empty tank. They took their own measurements and ordered a new front drivers side spring for it. Don't know if it will fix it or not. It hasn't come in yet.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I took my 2014 to the dealer because it was over an inch low on the drivers side (mainly front) even with an empty tank. They took their own measurements and ordered a new front drivers side spring for it. Don't know if it will fix it or not. It hasn't come in yet.

Probably not.

This truck had stock rear springs and they blamed those... so we swapped them with BDS 6" lift springs and it didnt change anything. Swapped front springs side to side with no change. The only thing that helped was a shim.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Perfection from a work truck. Lol...

when they started adding platinum options and pitting mini van creature comforts in these trucks the soccer dad's started buying them!! Lol

Just google shims until your eyes fall out of your head.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have read somewhere to that its not the springs its actually that the mounts for the springs are put on uneven from side to side. Edit like I said PMF makes a coil spacer just for this that you can buy in 1/4" increments

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I would like to see a truck put on scales to see what the corner weights are. Maybe the weight is placed wrong in the chassis. Hard to believe the spring mounts could possibly be off 3/4" from one side to the other

WoodBoy

Reaction score
200lbs in the drivers seat 80% of the time and not in the passenger seat probably doesnt help the issue along with the fuel tank on that side like Eric stated

co04cobra

Reaction score
Perfection from a work truck. Lol...

when they started adding platinum options and pitting mini van creature comforts in these trucks the soccer dad's started buying them!! Lol

Just google shims until your eyes fall out of your head.

LOL. WIN!!!

Now lets all complain because my windows don't one touch up and down.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I'm sorry but when you use the truck what it was designed for and not just for looks, you wouldn't notice a couple inch different of ride height. These trucks were designed to get hammered, not pampered and turned into show off trucks. Maybe if the truck took heavy loads the suspension would settle at the same height.....

swinky

Reaction score
I'm sorry but when you use the truck what it was designed for and not just for looks, you wouldn't notice a couple inch different of ride height. These trucks were designed to get hammered, not pampered and turned into show off trucks. Maybe if the truck took heavy loads the suspension would settle at the same height.....

you're on crack if you think a couple inches wouldnt be noticable.

I think it's a valid complaint if people are having to add shims to make their brand new truck sit level.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
While I have looked over minor issues with mine such as body panels not being perfectly lined up.... I just park it in the shop. Close the door. And go inside (winter time) and I'm an OCD nut job.

My truck also favored the drivers side with lean and yes I'm dpf deleted. So... I added my single drawer ratpack on the passenger side and..... wait for it.....

YATZEE!!

Ford denied repairing my howling windshield. you think they care about a half inch lean??? Lol....

Jgon08

Reaction score

If it helps my 60k truck is sitting in the garage as we speak and it has never had any thing heavy at all in the bed not a scratch in it. But it still sits level kinda weird i no..

Latest posts

Members online