Oil leak

Reaction score
Truck is a 15. Has 65k on it. D e l e t e d and tuned. It started after I changed the oil.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3738.jpg
    IMG_3738.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3739.JPG
    IMG_3739.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 183

Buck1

Reaction score
Some will run off the filter and pollute things. I suggest clean up and monitor.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check towards the front of the motor, been seeing quite a few upper oil pans leak lately. Much like a bedplate on a 6.0, it will run down and pool at the back like that.

Reaction score
Since the motor is still under warranty I'm gonna drop it off at ford one of these days. How much of a fit is ford gonna throw since I'm missing some emmsions equipment on the truck?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Depends on the dealer. If you are decent towards them, and homest, and tell them (in a nice way) that the missing chit has nothing to do with the leak, you should be good. Biggest thing is dont be a cock sucker, youll get a lot further that way. Personally, i lve working on tuned trucks, as its something different, there is less chit in the way, and the test drives are more fun...

ccmac

Reaction score
Mine started the same thing at 30k was told it was vacuum pump leaking from front of engine. My pickup sat for about 4 months before I finally got it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't see it leaking anymore so I picked it up. Sure enough nearly 60k on it now and no more leak.

Reaction score
The oil leak is back. I can see it coming between the bell housing and the transmission then making its way to the lower oil pan. It doesn't seem like rear mains on 6.7s are a common spot to leak.

The ford tech said he used a dye to determine where the leak was originally. Any other suggestions?

sootie

Reaction score
The oil leak is back. I can see it coming between the bell housing and the transmission then making its way to the lower oil pan. It doesn't seem like rear mains on 6.7s are a common spot to leak.

The ford tech said he used a dye to determine where the leak was originally. Any other suggestions?

check the valley of the motor and see if its wet. could be turbo pedestal gasket. Also check where the filter base bolts to the block. with leaks you have to keep moving up until its dry...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Honestly, it seems that every upper oil pan i do, when i look at the rear main, it is somewhat wet as well. It may not be bad enough to leak out the bell housing at that point and time, but i put one in anyway so the trans doesnt have to come back out.

But ****, i guess that dont help you much after i read back some... I would check the valley, like sootie said, and hell, he couldve rolled the seal or something putting it in too. The 15+ trucks dont typically have major leaks in the valley like the 11-14s, but i have seen a few.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know it was under warranty but do you know what the cost was to fix the leak the first time? I'd take it back and have them do it again. Should have a 2 yr warranty from the first repair regardless of the factory warranty.

Latest posts

Members online