Wastegate on an OBS?

Chris2590

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a wastegate on an OBS before? I'd like to limit boost to 35-40 psi. Just wondering how hard it would be to do and if anyone has done it before?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjsalz

Reaction score
I plan to, but it will be part of my compound turbo setup. I plan on utilizing a Turbosmart wastegate and eBoost HP elec. boost controller to fine tune the boost curve as well. I'm sure somebody has attempted a wastegate on a stock turbo setup before. Are you generating all that boost because you have big aftermarket injectors and a stock turbo?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Chris2590

Reaction score
That sounds expensive lol
I just have 200/200s and a 66mm turbo. I'd like to try the new kc38r turbo. Heard good things about them so far. The turbo I have on now is about maxed out and I never did headstuds etc. just looking for an easy way to limit boost for now.

superpsd

Reaction score
If it's smokey it might need tune revisions. As for the waste gate you can plumb in an external. However it would take some fabrication to make it happen. You will need to route both up pipes into a Y and then a wastegate or run dual wastegates.

Chris2590

Reaction score
I probably have a few boost leaks. That may be part of it. Haven't checked in a while. I'm trying to understand what you mean. Don't the up pipes already come into a Y before connecting to turbo?
I know super dutys come stock with a waste gate and a rod to adjust right?

superpsd

Reaction score
I was referring to plumbing an external wastegate in. The OBS drop in turbos all are non internal gated turbos. You would need to upgrade to the superduty style pedestal and pipes and I think one of the manifolds.

Chris2590

Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Idk if it's worth doing all that right now anyways. Eventually I want to get a bigger turbo. Maybe even T4 kit etc

Latest posts

Members online