04 6.0 Deltas GURU's

Jtreece

Reaction score
ok where are the 6.0 guru's?? need some advice.

2004 f350 CCLW SRW weighs 9230lbs on 35's CM skirted flatbed
Diablo monitor and SCT3 both on stock tune
ARP studded, ******D wicked wheel, stage 2 tranny 4" downpipe and exhaust (no kitty), new FICM
NEW aluminum radiator, 192 tstat, coolant sensor, fan clutch and bypass filter
New OEM oil cooler, oil temp sensor, all new seals, new bypass filter
8 new motor craft stock injectors, new ficm wiring harness, new solenoids in tranny
all new coolant, oil and tranny fluid. (same as what it was running before)

75 degrees AC on at 65mph ect 199 and eot 206
95 degrees AC on at 65mph ect 212(touched 217 yesterday) and eot 219-220
not pulling a trailer either
fan comes (seems like medium speed) on and kicks it back down ect to 208-209ish and eot 218ish

before all of this it use to run CONSTAT at ect 192 and eot 199-200

any and all advice or help is appreciated fellas because this pickup is about to get set on fire by the wife so for the love of god and ford please help.

is this normal???

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Your oil will always be hotter when up to op temp and it will always take longer to cool down. Spreads are in good shape

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah, youre looking normal. Right now, its around 110 here, im seeing 212-214 ect and 216-218 eot

Jtreece

Reaction score
Really? what temps do I need to be worried about or what else do I need to monitor? and thank you for the reply.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Like I said before it stayed constant at 192-194 even pulling a 22ft 8ft wide enclosed trailer. Thanks for the replies this makes me feel better but I am doing a coolant flush this weekend on another pickup so i'm doing mine as well and spraying out all the coolers

Zeb

Reaction score
As has been said already, your deltas are fine. Temps are a little higher than I’m use to seeing, but I wouldn’t say they are out of line when you consider the fact that the truck weighs over 9,000 lbs and is on 35’s.
You say the temps were lower previously, and in another thread you found that the double stacked tuners were causing some wacky readings. It appears you got that straightened out so my question is this, why did you go to an aluminum radiator? Was there a failure with the stock one? Did the higher temperature issue start before or after you went to the new aluminum radiator? Are your trans temps higher also? I ask this because I have seen multiple instances where an aftermarket radiator, be it an aluminum core/plastic tanks parts store special, or an all aluminum one, doesn’t cool as well as an OE radiator.
I’d be curious to know answers to these questions, but all in all I don’t think you need to stress out about the temps you are seeing.

Jtreece

Reaction score
new radiator was put in a month before I bought the pickup its a mishimoto (same thickness as stock I believe) so it was running 192-194 with the new radiator for 4 months. yes it was stacked with the Diablo t1000 hot tune and the SCT3 hot tune but were both out of date and the monitor was giving false reading on the EOT showing 122F. the oil cooler went out so we started gathering parts to basically give it a face lift. new fan clutch (leaking) new tstat/coolant sensor after it started running hotter. Trans temp is the same (had solenoids fail) it stays around 160-175.

I have also read that aluminum radiators do not cool as well and have thought about going back to a stock OEM radiator.

I will measure the width of the radiator this evening I believe its around 2"

we also just did a mishimoto radiator swap on another buddies 6.0 and now his is running 10 degrees hotter.

Zeb

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.
OP, I’m not picking on you when I say this, but I don’t understand why so many are people are quick to ditch the factory radiator (or other parts) when they fail after a decade or more in service. There are definitely some factory parts that have short comings (head bolts, cams, egr coolers) but many factory parts are way better than their aftermarket replacements.
Anyway, carry on, and I think you can quite stressing about your temps. :)

Jtreece

Reaction score
I completely agree, I would rather have the stock radiator in there. Also thank you for the input and advice I'll take any and all I can get about the 6.0.

renegade

Reaction score
unless the all aluminum radiator had less actual volume in the core it should cool as well as the OEM. That said I seem to remember that some of the early Mishimoto's did run hotter than OEM. I had a Alradco, actually 3 that ran about 20 degrees cooler than stock when towing, they just couldn't build one that fit right or would hold coolant for more than 3 months. I am now running a stocker and towing 15K in 95 degree ambient I see about 205 on level and it will climb to 210/215 on the hills.

Jtreece

Reaction score
hmmm, you run cooler than me on level ground and your pulling 15K.... and i'm unloaded. doesn't make any sense.. I still think i'm going back to stock

Constructionworker

Reaction score
I had a stock radiator, then the mishimoto... the mishimoto ran well over 10 degrees hotter.. then mishimoto acknowledged the problem and came out with a V2.. which still ran 7 degrees over the stock radiator. They are crooks and know it . I threw it away and went back to a stock radiator.. bam back to normal operating temperature

bismic

Reaction score
I have a BulletProofDiesel radiator. After installing it, I have seen some higher temps, but think they are primarily an issue w/ the fan operation. I am not unhappy with the radiator, but still question its capacity in the back of my mind.

I am beginning to agree that the OEM radiators are probably the way to go. I am also beginning to think the same way about the water pumps.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Wonder how many vendors are buying the same junk aluminum radiators and slapping their name on it.

What is all of them.......

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Really? what temps do I need to be worried about or what else do I need to monitor? and thank you for the reply.

225 id start worrying. I think 235-240 eot is where the standpipe for the oil filter melts and then youre screwed... I have kind of a unique situation with all the extra **** under my hood though, and its a billion ****ing degrees outside... Before the compounds i was sitting around 198-200 ect and about 205-208 eot.

Jtreece

Reaction score
installed a new motorcraft tstat. now I'm running 195 ect and 198-201 eot. that brought my temps down but we will see later today when its 102 and the AC on max. I'm still going to pull the aluminum radiator and put in a stock one soon as well.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Well.... on the way home it was 98 out, AC on max she was still climbing to 211.2 ect and 215 eot. When the ect hit 211.2 the fan would come on then bring the temps back down to around 205ect and 209eot and then slowly climb up again then fall with the fan coming on.

My question?? is why do the temps not stay at a consistent number? I'm going on flat ground!!!! ANYONE???

and this was at 65mph with the cruise on

Zeb

Reaction score
Radiator can’t shed heat fast enough. If you haven’t already, make sure it and the intercooler are clean, as in no grass/bugs/dirt, etc in the fins. If they’re clean, get rid of the Mishimoto and put a Motorcraft radiator in it.

Latest posts