rpm issue

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I agree with Stroker to get some fully charged batteries in it and leave the Gem unhooked to see if they stay up.

A lot of the truck Gems will interchange but some functions like rke may change.

If the batteries stay up with it unplugged I might have a replacement. Keep us posted.
still not sure whats up with it. i haven't been back to jims and he has been busy. he took the gem out of his ex abd he said it looks like it tried to melt or cstch on fire at one point so thsts a no go.

i started a thread on the gem too
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78212

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
truck sat for weeks without the gem and fuse box in it and the batteries didnt drop a bit so i ordered a gem from sunrise but the fuse box is obsolete so im still in the market for one of those as i don't want to take the chance of ruining the new gem if the fuse box was dameged at all..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Been a while but an update. Put new gem in and a known good fuse box and it still has a big draw to it while running. The alternator jim put on is big and set to hold 14.8v and it still drops below 14v.. i believe its narrowed down to behind the dash but jim might have his buddie look at it with a thermal imaging cam to see where the draw is. Not sure if popping the fuses out individually has been tried while looking at amp draw or not but the thermal imaging might be way easier. Lol

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online