HI idel Mod

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
has anyone done the high idel mod where you wire it into one of the up fitter switches. If so whats the color of the hi idel wire under the dash and what switch did you wire it into. This texas heat is starting to suck and with working construction mine does a lot of ideling in the summer and winter months so hi idel is deffinately on the to do list once i figure out how

G Racing

Reaction score
As far as I can tell the answer is yes, it will work the same with your 2011. You will just have to locate the wires behund the dash and hook the #4 switch to the bpc wire.

G Racing

Reaction score
looks like i was wrong, depending on how you want to control it. If you want an adjustable idle you will have to use a resistor or potentiometer..

or hook it up to the bcp circut and the computer will controll the rpm of the high idle. I woud use aux switch 3 since it is the lowest amp (10) violent and green wire and connect it to the bcp wire, viloet and brown.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...tml/Q180-A.pdf

Last edited:

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Don't wire it to BCP. BCP will vary the rpm based on the battery voltage and system load level.

Wire it to PTO sense if you want it to ramp to 1200.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Have you guys done this yet? If you have did you use the 20K watt resistor? Lastly does it work with the remote start?

SAK

Reaction score
Have you guys done this yet? If you have did you use the 20K watt resistor? Lastly does it work with the remote start?

Going to do this tonight, but I am going to wire it to the BCP wire and a constant power source. I did the constant power source on my 08 and didn't have any issues. Just turn the parking break on and go.

I will see if it will work with the remote start, I hope it does.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So this doesn't us an upfitter switch at all? I just high idle's when ever you push in the parking break?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I just messed this for about an hour, I was unsuccessful.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

damn i need someone to tell me how to do this so i can do it this weekend

sak, drop everthing and go out side and figure it out so i can go round up the needed parts and do it in the morning lol.

SAK

Reaction score
Well I kinda got it working on my truck, the wiring is hooked up roughly, but it works. I am going to work on it more this weekend if I have time.

I tried to hook it up to the BCP wire, while I believe it is working, it is not working to my liking. When you turn the power on to the BCP wire you can tell that the truck is doing something, but it does not idle up. Most likely because the batteries are charged and they are not requiring anymore power from the alternator.

So I just hooked it up to the PTO, the following is how I will have my wires hooked up:

White/Brown and Green wire hooked together with a 36k resistor.
White/Blue hooked to a switch.
The switch hooked up to Yellow/Green.

With this setup it will raise the RPM to 1000, I feel as that is high enough for me to cool/heat the truck as needed.

The reason for using a separate switch and not an upfitter switch is because the upfitters do not have power with the truck started with the remote start.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
well thanks to help from Sak i got mine going saturday. Got me a 22k reisitor and i have it all wired up and plugged into switch #3. it runs up to about 1100 - 1150 rmps and works like a champ.

Mine is officailly ready for winter now

Latest posts

Members online