BTS down for the count

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
NO,.....
I have a C-6,....BUT,.... there are some hard parts that are designed for an E4OD/4R100 that were used in my build.

I have no idea how many he has built,......as in my mind, that's not what's important. I'm mainly concerned with what he can do for "me" and the quality over quantity. I do know that he gets a LOT of business. He use to do all kinds of automotive repairs,....BUT,... his transmission business is booming so much, that trans stuff is all he does now.

What does that have to do with it ? Are you the Holy grail of knowledge when it comes to Aftermarket Suppliers and/or Manufactures?
I'm sure Brian @ BTS was an unknown several years ago as well.

I hadn't heard of him either,....until a few years ago when a friend of mine recommended him. I've been to his shop several times,.....and Now,.......I won't go anywhere else.

FWIW,...I didn't mention his name as some form of a dick measuring contest and/or how may Hoes he may have banged. I just want people to know they have options these days.

Bottom line,......the guy knows his stuff,...is reasonably priced,....and backs up his work.

how much hp and tq does your car make?

Why wouldnt it be important? That is very important. If a guy can make something hold at 4 digit power/torque numbers then they have a good idea what it takes to make a 4r100 hold...

It has to do with wanting to know that there are more options out there and that is a dickish way to answer someone when they are curious to know who he is and what he is capable of doing. Ya know, kinda like the way bts got known. By word or mouth. But if you cant back it up and instead reply with a comment that has nothing to do with what i asked. More like beating around the bush because you really dont know but that is fine. Ill move on without passing the word of another possible trans builder for the powerstroke platforms..

live life full throttle

Denver

Reaction score
Thread went off topic. Guys pays good amount for the best transmission that is behind a mostly stock 7.3 and it failed. Now it's taking 6+ weeks to get warrantied and isn't getting the answer he needs. If Brian is so busy as mentioned a few post back he should hire some help.

Copperhead

Reaction score
how much hp and tq does your car make?

First of all,....I don't have a car,....I have a truck.
Here's a pic,....for your viewing pleasure,...
1013230_717287624986745_8208608328197784794_n.jpg

I'm not going to get into exact specifics,....BUT,....as far as HP/TQ are concerned,....both are in the 4 digits. Do I have the fastest thing out there,....NO,...I sure don't,.....BUT,......It is in the top 10% of the quickest Full-Size trucks in the country.

Why wouldnt it be important? That is very important. If a guy can make something hold at 4 digit power/torque numbers then they have a good idea what it takes to make a 4r100 hold...

Chris Garrett has SEVERAL customers making BIG Horsepower & Torque #'s. Exactly how many,..... I don't know. I'm not his accountant, so I don't have access to that information.

It has to do with wanting to know that there are more options out there and that is a dickish way to answer someone when they are curious to know who he is and what he is capable of doing.

I did not intend to come off rude, or overbearing. If you took it that way, I do apologize.

The main reason I responded,....is to let guys know,....If they need a good Transmission built, and they want another option,...this guy,....

Ill move on without passing the word of another possible trans builder for the powerstroke platforms..

If that's your prerogative, that's fine. BUT,.... anyone not checking out what this guy has to offer,....is REALLY missing out.

Last edited by a moderator:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
First of all,....I don't have a car,....I have a truck.
Here's a pic,....for your viewing pleasure,...
1013230_717287624986745_8208608328197784794_n.jpg

I'm not going to get into exact specifics,....BUT,....as far as HP/TQ are concerned,....both are in the 4 digits. Do I have the fastest thing out there,....NO,...I sure don't,.....BUT,......It is in the top 10% of the quickest Full-Size trucks in the country.

Chris Garrett has SEVERAL customers making BIG Horsepower & Torque #'s. Exactly how many,..... I don't know. I'm not his accountant, so I don't have access to that information.

I did not intend to come off rude, or overbearing. If you took it that way, I do apologize.

The main reason I responded,....is to let guys know,....If they need a good Transmission built, and they want another option,...this guy,....https://www.facebook.com/A1-Transmission-of-Ga-Inc-174391162575380/ can get it done.

If that's your prerogative, that's fine. BUT,.... anyone not checking out what this guy has to offer,....is REALLY missing out.
That is badass!!! That right there is the type of answers i was looking for! What engine you running? Please tell me its not a cross bread?

live life full throttle

Copperhead

Reaction score
That is badass!!! That right there is the type of answers i was looking for! What engine you running? Please tell me its not a cross bread?

Thanks,....

598" FORD

If fact,.......every single part on this truck is Ford. No GM or Mopar parts parts at all.

Well,.....
The Paint is actually a "Dodge" color,.....BUT,... I don't think that really matters.
;)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks,....

598" FORD

If fact,.......every single part on this truck is Ford. No GM or Mopar parts parts at all.

Well,.....
The Paint is actually a "Dodge" color,.....BUT,... I don't think that really matters.
;)
Badass! That's what i like to hear also!

live life full throttle

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Thread went off topic. Guys pays good amount for the best transmission that is behind a mostly stock 7.3 and it failed. Now it's taking 6+ weeks to get warrantied and isn't getting the answer he needs. If Brian is so busy as mentioned a few post back he should hire some help.

Yup

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Finally got it back last week. Bearing or something let go. Had to pay for some electronic parts or something.

Denver

Reaction score
Still 800 bucks and close to 3 or so months of time. Thing shouldn’t have let go in the first place in my opinion. Glad it’s back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got it back. Thats good but sucks it took so long and the bearing went out but its a mechanical device and sometimes they break. My transmission broke 7/24. Had it towed to the shop the next day and it was ready on 8/8. Guy was on vacation between those dates as well. He told me that up front. Splines in the od gears let go on mine. Mine was almost 7 years old and had 220k miles.

Latest posts

Members online