Mileage ?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
what's everyone seeing ? mine under 75 seems to get in the 17.5-18 highway , 13-14 city .

Jgon08

Reaction score
On the one trip I took mine about 150 miles I got about 17 average speed was 73ish.

zack birge

Reaction score
14-15 for me. Mixed city/highway. Almost always have something hooked up so I usually see 11-12 though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
On the one trip I took mine about 150 miles I got about 17 average speed was 73ish.

yeah i set mine to 74 the other day, did about 60 highway miles and it was 17.6 . that will be changing shortly for the worse i'm sure .

Jgon08

Reaction score
yeah i set mine to 74 the other day, did about 60 highway miles and it was 17.6 . that will be changing shortly for the worse i'm sure .

I hope mine changes soon too if you ever get a leveling kit that I can buy. :poke:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope mine changes soon too if you ever get a leveling kit that I can buy. :poke:

i'm doing the king coilover kit. 3.5" front. not sure on rear block yet , prolly around 1" , maybe .5 " , wont know til the front is done .

Jgon08

Reaction score
i'm doing the king coilover kit. 3.5" front. not sure on rear block yet , prolly around 1" , maybe .5 " , wont know til the front is done .

They have everything released now shocks and all? I'm not wanting to doing coil over but a carli leveling kit.

50_shooter

Reaction score
My old man has a new crew longbed platinum. He is seeing mediocre mileage. Average all around empty is 13, which is typical, but towing a trailer it's 8, loaded heavy it's 5-6.

Arkansas89

Reaction score
Is the mileage on the 6.7 really that bad? I figured it would have improved over the years...my 6.0 still has stock injectors and turbo, so I'm not dumping a lot of fuel, but with my SCT on IDP's Performance tune (now called "Race" I believe, whatever they call the one above "Street" these days...) and a 4" straight pipe I typically see high 13's to mid 14's in city and 22-23 on highway (unloaded)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the mileage on the 6.7 really that bad? I figured it would have improved over the years...my 6.0 still has stock injectors and turbo, so I'm not dumping a lot of fuel, but with my SCT on IDP's Performance tune (now called "Race" I believe, whatever they call the one above "Street" these days...) and a 4" straight pipe I typically see high 13's to mid 14's in city and 22-23 on highway (unloaded)

you have virtually no emissions. these vehicles are bone stock un-tuned with emissions equipment. not really any comparison. but they are really nice inside, and really quiet . and make about the same power as a tuned 6.0 .

Arkansas89

Reaction score
you have virtually no emissions. these vehicles are bone stock un-tuned with emissions equipment. not really any comparison. but they are really nice inside, and really quiet . and make about the same power as a tuned 6.0 .

Got it. No emissions vs. emissions makes sense...wish the EPA would just rot in a hole somewhere...

I know the 6.7 makes power, I had one as a rental while my 6.0 was being fixed due to a break-in...gave that 6.7 hell for 2 weeks :thumbup:

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
If the mileage is that mportant to you,a small diesel car would be a good choice.

Arkansas89

Reaction score
No call for the attitudes, simply asked a question about the 6.7 since I'm considering buying one. Is this community not the place to ask questions? I made the comparison to my 6.0 because that is what I know, I apologize for not being a trust fund baby buying every new truck as soon as it comes out. As for the one recommending a small diesel car...I bet you are quite the internet tough guy. I'm not "that concerned" with mileage, but it is half of what my 6.0 gets...just seemed to warrant an innocent question

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No call for the attitudes, simply asked a question about the 6.7 since I'm considering buying one. Is this community not the place to ask questions? I made the comparison to my 6.0 because that is what I know, I apologize for not being a trust fund baby buying every new truck as soon as it comes out. As for the one recommending a small diesel car...I bet you are quite the internet tough guy. I'm not "that concerned" with mileage, but it is half of what my 6.0 gets...just seemed to warrant an innocent question

we're just having fun , relax . and the trust fund comment stings , it's just wrong and hurtful. i didn't choose my parents LOL , oh and they havent bought me a car since i was 16 , and that was a sweet 1986 isuzu pup .

FYI when d e l e t e d they get as good or better mileage than your 6.0 .

TyCorr

Reaction score
All diesel with clean breathing ability seem to have the same potential mileage wise predicated upon the drivers driving style.

Latest posts

Members online