bent push rod

08pwrstrokr6.4

Reaction score
so last night i was bored and had uplaoded some new tunes... you all know what that means. had to test em out. well things went ary and turns out i bent a rod.merry xmas to me. i should have it back together tomorrow though.pretty cheap fix if you do the work yourself and stay stock.

08pwrstrokr6.4

Reaction score
not real sure how high i reved it.i was at about 75-80% throttle on the h&s hot damn tune.new rod is in and truck is running fine.**** happens when you play hard.im just glad it was a easy and cheap fix.new tunes are awesome. they added a performance tester so you can do 1/4 mi drags and itll track your time and speeds.also a 0-60 data log as well.pretty cool.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the cause was. A big tune is really no reason to bend a push rod? There should be a rev limiter at some point. I hit it all the time in my 6.0 at 4250rpms. Seven years and never an issue. I have the chromoly push rods in my truck, but never had an issue before or after.

08pwrstrokr6.4

Reaction score
i know its been awhile. at the time i just needed the truck back on the road but the next time i tear into it for studs or a new rod ill be upgrading.

08pwrstrokr6.4

Reaction score
:whs: it sounds kinda like a drum or a deep popping noise. you can kinda feel it on the air filter box too. also listen for a ticking noise that increases with rpm that is different from your injectors firing.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Should also throw a contribution/balance code for that cylinder too.

Glad you got it going. Probably a root cause for the bent pushrod tho.

08pwrstrokr6.4

Reaction score
so im assuming that a contribution code wont trigger the light. ive ran the dtcs through my tuner and i dont get any codes.wish i could do a contribution test with it.

Latest posts

Members online