what year model is this?

John Buck

Reaction score
001.jpg

this is a 1997 f350 xlt crew cab long bed dually 7.3 v8, i have seen this tail gate before on other fords but cant find what it is when i search 97 tailgate, i specifically want this style because it has ford on it, and plan to paint the ford letters flat textured black and the rest of it gloss black, thought that would look good, anyone know what specific model tailgate this is?

DieselDC

Reaction score
I don’t know but that’s a mean looking truck. You need this for your 1000hp build. Do it.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

John Buck

Reaction score
87-91 I believe are the years that truck was on.

87-91 tailgate models on an actual 1997 truck itself? i have only see these tailgates on 1997 f350 trucks though its rare to find them, and ebay is no help and google is a needle in a hay stack for searching, you know of a place i can find one specifically at? i also sometimes see single cab trucks with them saw someone the other day with a tailgate like that on an older obs ford truck thought about going up and asking to buy it.

John Buck

Reaction score
LMC Truck

just logged in and saw your post and checked lmc truck but couldnt find it, did you go their and actually find it yourself? if you did can you send me the url please, i made an enquiry to customer service just then and waiting to hear back from them, while i was there i found some stuff i had actually been looking for, thanks for the site.

John Buck

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess the one LMC is different, my bad ... http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=23

thats not the same tailgate, the one in the picture just says ford indented in the metal against a flat tailgate the link you posted has those multiple regtangular impressions around the ford letters, this tailgate must be hella exclusive or something so simple its being overlooked by google by a single small word or something, the hunt continues, thanks for actuallly helping though.

They were the factory tailgate on 87-91 f-series XL models.

dang youre right just googled 1991 f350 xl and it came up, thanks dude, now the question now is why are they only on certain 1997 trucks? some sort of special make about the truck or something or more simply the owner of the truck replaced the tailgate to the older 91 style?

-------------------

when i searched google just now for 1991 f350 xl i found this youtube link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Dm9_W82G4

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online