Fuel additives for cleaning and overall upkeep?

kcpanages

Reaction score
Basic need of the additive is for lubricity...... the ultra low is drier then the Low was.... yes, I understand that the parts/mechanics is made for ultra low...... but it never hurts to give it a Lil extra LUBE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxiled

Reaction score
Hello all, new here, not new to Diesels..mostly Cat power..
I don't know if I have any thing to offer but I do have a story...
I have owned 4 F-350 DRW'S, pull a 40 foot 5th wheel custom made Americana, very heavy. The truck I use to pull the trailer is my 2012, picked it because it drives the best, that and my 2018 is to damn tall to pull with.
The 2012 had 60k on it, well taken care of, babied really, but it popped a check engine light. Local ford dealer pulled the code and, I swear I saw him grin)...it was the dreaded P01401 code.
I payed them 200 bucks for a diagnose and they said the egr cooler core was plugged and they needed 16-18 hundred to fix it.
I have never really used any diesel additives and usually run Chevron diesel. But after reading the Ford Trucks Forums, several guys there suggested using DieselKleen to remove carbon from the Egr sensor, etc. so I bought a bottle and dumped it in.
I drove the truck about 50 miles and was surprised to see the check engine light go out. I ran back to the ford dealer, they, it appeared, seemed very sad and despondant)...but had no answers.

Im making no claims, I'm only saying that I have never used DieselKleen before, and after using it, the catastrophic P01401 plugged egr cooler core code has not come back after 10k miles....

Diesel625

Reaction score
Always had good results with diesel Kleen. I recently started using Schaeffers diesel treat and it’s great too.

Latest posts

Members online