Side molding on Limited

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Any of you guys pulled off the side molding on your limited models? I am interested in doing so. There is an all white X here in town that looks sweet but I can never catch him parked anywhere to ask him if that is what he did.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure theres mounting holes for clips but I could be wrong. Might just be doubled sided tape....

MilehighEX

Reaction score
look on PSN there is guy on there that did the trim removal on a white EX. I believe it is only sticky tape...???

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I searched the threads over there. The one I found was of the same white/tan combo as mine. It looked incredibly clean all white. I think I'll go for it as soon as I get a weekend off. If I don't like it I can always put it back on.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Awesome write up, thanks for posting that. I've been so busy with work I haven't had a chance to do this yet. I'm going to order the stone guards tomorrow and hope for next weekend.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
My wife removed it on her Excursion. There are holes in the back for the stone guards...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
We dont have anything in them. You cant even notice the holes on a Black X...

_MG_7192.jpg

C-TANE

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread. I knew that the doors were just two sided tape (had one come loose). Great post, I was gonna pull ours off but, didn't know how the all silver tank would look... Now, I'm re-motivated :rockon:

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Jason (GRacing) just realized the other day that the gold pinstripe on my wife's X is painted on. Not sure I'll pull the plastics off now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I only wanted to pull it off because my wife wanted black wheels. Looks like she'll have to pick out chrome wheels because I am not interested in repainting.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Jason (GRacing) just realized the other day that the gold pinstripe on my wife's X is painted on. Not sure I'll pull the plastics off now.

We had one side pulled off when the door had to be repainted. The shop said it was a PAIN in the arse and would not do the other side.

The stripe will be gone some day when we repaint it.

Latest posts

Members online