How light could you gut an Ex?

Gollonbait

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud..... If one was to really gut out an Excursion, how light could you get it??

(for drag racing purposes)

Yeah, I'm looking at options. Something different.

Or an Econoline Van??:D

Countryboy07

Reaction score
What you lose by taking the interior out, you'll gain back by putting the cage in... Or close to it. I guess I'm not sure how much an EX weighs in stock form, but I'd think it would be close to what a CCSB weighs. Probably run slower than the white truck, but it would be sweet to see an EX with your motor in it!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I think that it is lighter than most think. With hybrids and dp tunes (stock turbo) my ex without both rows of rear seats did a 9 flat in the 1/8th. and that was with 8" of lift and 35" mud graps. It is still a heavy beast though and will always be with all that extra glass and metal. I do however want to be the first 10 second EX, so please don't make it harder on me than it already is.

2000XLifted

Reaction score
My X is 9,150 at the scale with 90 gallons of fuel and probably 200lbs of tools. This was at englishtown raceway last year.

BFD99

Reaction score
a drag Excursion would be awesome! Another option could be doing a converted Single cab short bed into an excursion, there's a place in Guthrie oklahoma that does it.
http://www.customautosbytim.com/index.html
X2_002.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
a drag Excursion would be awesome! Another option could be doing a converted Single cab short bed into an excursion, there's a place in Guthrie oklahoma that does it.
http://www.customautosbytim.com/index.html
X2_002.jpg

But then it would not be a "real" Excursion!!!

That would be like BANKS taking a drag car frame and putting a diesel in it and putting a S-10 body on top of it all.. LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
That things sick! Im sure you could get an ex down to right around 8k with a driver, but it would take some work. And as the 6.4s are showing, its tough to keep a tranny alive at that weight lol. Definitely possible and a cool project though!

BFD99

Reaction score
Only thing that comes to mind that would be tough would be how much room is in engine bay/cab? Plenty of room to fit that S500 turbo and all the piping? :D

TARM

Reaction score
Some of these X must have ALOT more in them then just a drive and full tank of fuel. The curb weight which has a fuel tank of fuel and all fluids minus only passengers of a 4x4. 7.3 Exucursion in Limited trim is 7688lbs.

For a stripe down race only build the first things to go after all but a bucket race seat for the driver in the interior would be all the side nd rear glass. Any idea how much the laminated safery glass weighs in at on all those huge windows? LOL. Then with it gone for racing clear plex. You can say goos by toball those electric window motors on al 4 doors and two rear vents. Say good by to all the ac motors etc.. the stel skid plate cover fuel tank for a 10 gal fuel cell. Single Batt reloacted over the rear tires

My bet is you could get one down to break 6k. The little stuff adss up and there is a TON of it only luxury builds like the Excursion.

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
i weighed my x the other day. third row taken out, nothing inside besides me(260lbs) a coffee and a book of cd's and a 1/4 tank of fuel. came in at 8180lbs. but my lift,tires and roof rack with spare most likely make up for that difference for the most part.

Latest posts

Members online