What should I do to make a show truck?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
So I was thinking about the wife's excursion and decided I liked the power level, but maybe we would like to enter it into the show n shine while I'm racing my other truck. Problem is I don't know what all I should do to it. Its an 03 Eddie Bauer 4x4 6.0.
Here's what it has-
ARP studs
EGR delete
Custom tunes
Edge insight cts
4" diamond eye exhaust
6.4 banjo bolts
Blue spring mod
Coolant filter
7" pioneer touch screen head unit
DVD player and screens in the headrests
Rhinoline undercoating
Ranch Hand bumper
Gear wheels and ATZ tires

What I want to get-
Color matched 05+ front end.
08 mirrors (Maybe not too. Wife doesn't like them.)
Smoked cab clearance lights
Smoked tail lights

What else is there to do?

2012-07-11_19-11-16_497.jpg

2011-12-15_17-32-31_35.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
There are no stains or anything and the seats are perfect. Leather seats mean no upholstery mods. It just needs a full detail. Interior wise I don't know what to do. I can't do a custom paint job because the interior is Eddie Bauer green and nothing would match. Other than my list, I don't know what else to do exterior wise.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
lift for one thing, with bigger ,flashier wheels, and bigger tires. and something flashy, like a roof mounted rigid bar.

other than that I think you're on the right track. it is a nice ex!

I'd say ditch the ranch hand. but that's up to you. LOL

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm going for a farm/ranch look. We use the truck too much and we live in the middle of nowhere so there's deer to think about. If that keeps us from winning a show n shine then Im OK with that. I just want it to be as nice as I can get it.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If we do a lift it'll just be a leveling kit. Again, it gets worked too. Also thinking about doing bags in the rear. It'll help towing my white truck to races too.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Those aren't ATZ's either.....

Sorry. Old pic. If you look close you can see the jack under the back tire. I was in the process of changing them. LOL

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Clay bar, good wax, back-to-black all plastic, scrub tires with good brush, get every little spot of the wheels all nice and shinny, shampoo carpets, wipe all finger prints off everything, simple green engine bay, wash all windows, polish all lights, and last but not least buy a good California car duster and dust everything you just cleaned to get the little dust specs that never seem to go away.......it took me 2 days to do all of this i had over 15 hours of just cleaning the out side of the truck...

But it payed off i entered in the truck and suv class at my first car show and I won so it was worth it to me.....idk if thats what you were looking for or not but i hope it helps.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No actually that does. We'll for sure clean the hell out of it. There's a local guy that I'm gonna have do most of it before we leave for Kentucky (TS) and we'll finish it when we get there.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
No actually that does. We'll for sure clean the hell out of it. There's a local guy that I'm gonna have do most of it before we leave for Kentucky (TS) and we'll finish it when we get there.

Right on man......oh and btw I won with my ranch hand on......i vote leave it they draw attention....sometimes thats a good thing.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Cleanliness will be the biggest thing for sure... I have seen almost completely stock trucks win show and shines simply because they are spotless. I now its hard to keep something you drive daily that way but its a lot cheaper than other mods you could do and it will really stand out. As far as actual things to do, like others have said maybe a leveling kit with flashier wheels, led light bar, maybe some billet interior pieces or set of billet badges

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You could keep the agressive bumper, just something other then that hunk of iron. My wife has nailed 3 deer and not one bit of damage to her truck or bumper...

wint

Reaction score
I like the ranch hand, especially if you could clean it up real good. Does the vehicle have any tint on it? A good, dark layer of tint always sets off a clean truck.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
not sure if it was mentioned, but i would ditcht the 05+ conversion and go with the 08-10 conversion. We are waiting for a customer of ours to get his funds in order and were going to be doing one on his ex. hopefully over the summer

Latest posts