Hello from Western New York

Overkill2

Reaction score
I'm Dave from the Buffalo, NY area. I own a 2016 F350 6.7 Powerstroke; my 3rd truck, 2nd Ford and first diesel.

My dad was a truck driver and used to take me as a young kid. His nickname (and his two older brothers also) and CB handle was Juice.

It was there in the cab of an old school R series Mack conventional tractor that I learned to respect the big trucks on the road. I used to love the smells of grease, diesel fuel and exhaust fumes. My favorite movie back then was Convoy with Kris Kristofferson as the Rubber Duck. Of course I have it on DVD and watch it occasionally because it takes me back when I was with my late father back in the day.

The first Ford I owned was a 1996 F250 XL 351W standard cab that had a Meyer plow on it when I bought it new. She had 4.11s, averaged about 9.5 mpg since new and was a plowing beast. There were more than a few times when I started plowing commercially that the truck was running at least 24 hours. Fun wow.

This was the first vehicle I started using Filter Mags on. Still using them today as the 16 has a pair on the FL2051s filter. Some mods I did on my old 96 include:

-- removed the factory trans cooler and added this heavy duty cooler;

-- added a DieselSite inline trans filter with built in bypass;

-- added one of those finned aluminum cylindrical coolers in the trans fluid circuit;

-- last but not least, DieselSite was selling a 2 way valve setup that I installed in the return line back. This allowed me to shut off the line back and drain it to flush the E4OD. I did it once a year and made the E4OD last up to 92k miles while plowing commercially. As a matter of fact, when we pulled the stock E4OD for the core,it was still working but had a lot of clutch material in the fluid. I heard stories of those trans only lasting 25k to 30k miles just using them as what they were built for;

-- added a B&M aluminum extra capacity pan;

-- Dana 60 SAS kingpin axle out of an 86 F350;

-- added a two leaf lift kit to the front springs back when it still had the stock Dana 50. When it got the 60, it was way worse. When you were in my truck w me, if you had coffee, you had to react with the bumps and bounce the coffee in your hand to prevent spillage.... Basically go with it;

-- added a finned aluminum cylindrical cooler to the power steering circuit;

I did other stuff as well but for the reason I bring all this up is my user name. A buddy at the time where I used to work on my truck a lot, asked to borrow it. When I got it back, it had "OVERKILL" in big chrome letters on the windshield on top. When my dad used to ride in it, he always said have drove old Mack dump trucks that rode better than my truck. End of story... For now. :popcorn:

Overkill2

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my ride.

Attachments

• 0331191928_HDR.jpg
    0331191928_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 0331191929.jpg
    0331191929.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 57

FourEyed

Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck. Get it undercoated before the salt eats it alive like it did on my truck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.