Hpop thoughts

Dewman

Reaction score
Looking to replace the hpop in my 2007 6.0. Will be doing aftermarket injectors in few months. Don’t know yet if I’m doing conventional or hybrid. Will be 205-250 cc injectors. Nothing bigger. From what I have read a great stock hpop will run 250cc. Need thoughts truck is down waiting on which to put in.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Zeb is right, I have run both 250 conventional and 250 hybrids. The conventionals did not hold icp at all. 3/4 throttle felt faster on the,butt dyno than 100%. I had no problem with the hybrids holding however.

And it all depends on what you are going to do with the truck, other mods, etc. I made damn near 800 horse with the 250/100 hybrids, but was broke the last time I had the truck tore down tore down, and didnt put rods in it. Shortly thereafter, it got a new short block due to a couple windows opening in the block. I had 205s before, wasnt really happy with them, but dont know if it was the injectors or something else as I changed a ton of **** at once. Best daily driver setup ive ran has been 190/30s and a kc stage 2. Lots of fun, and hardly any smoke, ran cool, towed good, and had decent power.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dewman

Reaction score
Well bought the adrenaline adr07. Figured it was time to stud it. Odawgs s2r intake, ported exh. Manifolds, non egr up pipes, solution kit, bd x power tube and elbow, reg return, adII 165gph, coolant filter, coolant recirculating, 100mm water pump, doing stock injectors and stock turbo until the trans gets done. Thinking spd tune. Already has 3.5 down 4 back exh., sct livewire, swamps 58v atlas 80 ficm, s&b cai. Wonder what numbers am I looking at on rear wheel with 4:30 gears. I’m thinking 500hp/800tq

Last edited:

Zeb

Reaction score
Well bought the adrenaline adr07. Figured it was time to stud it. Odawgs s2r intake, ported exh. Manifolds, non egr up pipes, solution kit, bd x power tube and elbow, reg return, adII 165gph, coolant filter, coolant recirculating, 100mm water pump, doing stock injectors and stock turbo until the trans gets done. Thinking spd tune. Already has 3.5 down 4 back exh., sct livewire, swamps 58v atlas 80 ficm, s&b cai. Wonder what numbers am I looking at on rear wheel with 4:30 gears. I’m thinking 500hp/800tq

Nowhere close to 500hp on stock injectors. 400-425 if you’re lucky.

Stock trans on these trucks can handle quite a bit with good tuning.

Dewman

Reaction score
So this is my first diesel. Guess my thoughts were way off from what I have read. I wanted to do all support mods then transmission then injectors and turbo. Looking at 3 custom tunes. Mpg, tow, and most useable power. Was looking at truck source diesel for their spd tune, and haven’t decided on the mpg, one and tow.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I think the best MPG tune is a high hp tune, and a light right foot.

The less swapping of files you do, the more your engine and transmission will love you...start swapping tunes every day, and one of them will tell you to FO.

Dewman

Reaction score
I run the highest can tune on the sct unless I’m towing 8000+. Just wanted a mpg tune Incase I go state to state unloaded.

Diesel625

Reaction score
I get the best mpgs out of an atlas 40 and quick tricks eco city together. That on a 14k welding truck on 35s. If I tow I run quick tricks trans only or the tow tune. All three tunes are awesome.

Latest posts

Members online