Power steering lines into steering gearbox removal

dadada

Reaction score
Tried taking the two power steering fittings loose from the steering gearbox and the whole line wants to move. So I held the lines with one hand while trying to unscrew the fittings with the other hand/wrench and now I'm afraid to snap the lines. The whole line wants to move when i loosen the fittings. Any trick to getting these fittings out without the whole hose moving? I have sprayed pb blaster on the fittings for two days prior also.

dsberman94

Reaction score
The lines are cheap at the auto part store. I had one rusted so bad I had no option other than to break it. I think the lines are about $30. And there's only two or three options of lines to buy depending on which one you need.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Get the wrench on the fitting and HIT it while holding the line. In other words "break it loose". It will either come loose and be okay, or you will kink the line off, and then you replace them.

pdumont01

Reaction score
A little bit of heat sometimes helps get it hot and melt a little candle wax into where the line meets the fitting. An old timers trick I've seen free up some of the most rusted bleeders, I was skeptical until the old man proved me wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk