RC lift swap

schild09

Reaction score
Bought a 16 350 ccsb that already has a 6" RC lift and I'm not impressed. Hoping for some insight on improving. So far looking to swap shocks to fox 2.0 all around, add pmf traction bars and pmf DSS with fox 2.0. Maybe change out coils as well if I'm still not happy. Anything else I should consider, looking to stay at 6 inches.

schild09

Reaction score
I must have hit the nail right on the head. I've done lifts but mostly on wranglers so I'm fairly new to which company's to be looking at for these trucks.

Betarocker

Reaction score
RC = Really Crappy? Better to ditch it if you want something that rides and works well.

Love the way my truck rides. Can't improve on anything for the 7" lift I have. (See sig below)

If you want to keep 6" you can use 4.5" springs with the OUO Adjustable Coil Levellers and shorter Traction Blocks.

Contact Breaking Habits aka Jared to help set you up.

Last edited:

schild09

Reaction score
When I bought the truck the only thing I saw as a plus was the wheels and tires. I know from jeeps that I didn't like RC. As far as hard parts though, is there known issues with the strength of say track bar drop bracket or lift blocks. Obviously if I can save money in any spot I would love to but not at the price of weak parts

Betarocker

Reaction score
Compare the parts to a brand like Icon. I assume you have the 4 link style. The RC link drop is noticeably inferior to Icon's design. As to the rest of the components, I can't tell from the website, but the Icon parts are bomber, as are the complimenting OUO products.

I don't know how you plan to use your truck, but I have confidence in my setup to not be limited by terrain (and speed over it). RC and similar systems are for Mall Crawlers.

schild09

Reaction score
Well I appreciate all the help. It's hard to compare parts without being able to put them in your hand. If anything I guess I won't have to bother with the drop pitman arm and brake lines.

doo dah

Reaction score
I had a 6" RC 4 link lift and thought it rode great. Never had issues with fit or failures of any kind. I didn't run Baja in it, I mean it is a one ton long bed after all. Not trying to tell you to do anything different, just giving you an opinion from someone that has had 3 different RC lifts on 3 different trucks all 6".

schild09

Reaction score
I don't have the 4 link but was looking to get a 4 or 3 link kit as well. I came from an 08 f250 with 6" fabtech and bilsteins 5160 front procomp mx6 adjustable in rear. Loved the ride. Hoping it's just rough shocks but I am prepping to replace all if need be. Thanks for the input on the RC lift

sootie

Reaction score
start with putting some carli coils in the front with some CARLI VALVED fox 2.0 remote resi shocks all the way around. Good plan with the traction bars. The valving in the shocks makes all the difference in ride characteristics. Also do you tow a lot? If so, do the mini pack under the rear springs. If not, do full deaver replacement leaf packs.

Its not like the RC parts you have on there are going to fail imo however, i would upgrade the spring and shock setup.

Koda22

Reaction score
RC is the same as glowshift on this website......If you got thousand to spend sure those are not the brands to buy. I will say that you are gonna get a bunch of people to tell ya to buy the best, and they themselves don't have it. I think they are as good as what you pay. Ive had glowshift and sure they weren't great but they weren't terrible and same with rough country, its not the best but its not that bad. I would try maybe changing out the shocks first and see if it gives ya enough change, then you can move on to more things.

schild09

Reaction score
I don't tow much to need to be to worried about the rear yet. But the son is getting into moto cross so now there is talks of a camper, and my wife isn't a camper so it will be more like glamorous camping aka glamping. I have read nothing but amazing things about carli and tried to talk the wife into going to 4.5 inch but she likes the height and I can't argue since I'm only in the states 3 months a year so she is driving the truck.

schild09

Reaction score
I've messaged Trevor in regards to the traction bars DSS and shocks. I would love to talk on the phone with him but I am currently in Afghanistan so it makes it difficult.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I had a RC 6" 4 link on my last f250 with bilsteins. It rode decent, BUT, both rear add a leafs cracked in the rear. One spit out. That was not fun. Also, if I traveled the front suspension to full compression, my trackbar bracket hit the top of the housing.

So I did have some issues with weak parts, but decent shocks improved ride quality. I have a 9" pmf king coilover kit on my current truck and it rides a little better than "decent." Still have some kinks to work out to make it "great."

Latest posts