2017 SD 6.7 Engine Changes?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I hope it's not a token bump for bragging rites. But having test drove one yesterday, it certainly feels like the as advertised hp and trq are lower than what it's really making.

We all know that there would have been talk on Dearborn about the race to 500/1000. Dare to dream. LOL.

jcain

Reaction score
I hope it's not a token bump for bragging rites. But having test drove one yesterday, it certainly feels like the as advertised hp and trq are lower than what it's really making.

We all know that there would have been talk on Dearborn about the race to 500/1000. Dare to dream. LOL.

Welcome to tq management

Jmuck

Reaction score
I will say that the new exhaust brake works much better. I also like having two different stages.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I see they went back to the single sequential turbo. Does anybody know the specs on it or who makes it?

mtwashingtonhunter

Reaction score
During pre-launch, I had the opportunity of speaking to a drivetrain engineer...once he heard I had a '15 and towed close to 20k pounds, he wanted to talk. The thing he kept saying over and over was "you think your engine braking is great, wait until you drive a '17". They were so proud of what they accomplished regarding the engine braking...I am totally pleased with my '15 stopping 20k...can't imagine how much better these are...but I'm gonna wait about 2-3 more years before I get a new one. But I do believe they are the best looking trucks ever.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
During pre-launch, I had the opportunity of speaking to a drivetrain engineer...once he heard I had a '15 and towed close to 20k pounds, he wanted to talk. The thing he kept saying over and over was "you think your engine braking is great, wait until you drive a '17". They were so proud of what they accomplished regarding the engine braking...I am totally pleased with my '15 stopping 20k...can't imagine how much better these are...but I'm gonna wait about 2-3 more years before I get a new one. But I do believe they are the best looking trucks ever.

The ford engineer finally drove a Dodge with engine exhaust braking and decided they better pony up! A cummins will put you through the windshield!

Layson

Reaction score
The ford engineer finally drove a Dodge with engine exhaust braking and decided they better pony up! A cummins will put you through the windshield!

My neighbor uses his all the time just stopping unloaded....LOL

Latest posts

Members online