First issue, not sure what happened

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Was installing some more suspension parts last night, unhooked the batteries, when I hooked them back up it threw a whole mess of codes and is now stuck in limp mode.

Says that it has lost communication the TCM., Shows hill control decent fault, and a bunch of other stuff on the dash.

EZ LYNC wont pull any codes to clear, it obviously has to do with the TCM but I am not sure what the problem is? Anyone have a similar problem?

2016 with 1,600 miles on it. D E L E T E D and tuned.

I am pretty sure I didn't mess anything up on the TCM but literally I unhooked batteries and when I hooked them back wouldn't run. Weird.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
May of pulled a plug or something doing the suspension stuff. What suspension parts where you putting on? Have you tried taking the battery cables off again and and try from scratch after waiting about 15 min to let everything resets

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Fried TCM it looks like :(

Well it wasn't me who took the cables off. and I have no damn clue why they did that. I was replacing the stock radius arm brackets with PMF drop brackets. Maybe the hammering and grinding to get the brackets off messed the TCM up somehow.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Fried TCM it looks like :(

Well it wasn't me who took the cables off. and I have no damn clue why they did that. I was replacing the stock radius arm brackets with PMF drop brackets. Maybe the hammering and grinding to get the brackets off messed the TCM up somehow.

i may have one here if you need one.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Make sure everything by the batteries are still plugged in, it is a little tight on the passenger side by the batteries.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I actually had a similar thing happen to a customers truck here recently, but it was an issue with his programmer that fried the tcm. He had an edge evolution, that after disconnecting the batteries for a sync reset decided it wanted to try to tune the truck, not just act as a monitor. Eventually ended up putting a tcm in after it all went haywire. Wasnt able to save it with multiple reprogamming attempts, telling it it had blank modules, etc.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Yeah mine now needs a pcm as well. Dealer is working on it. The problem with Ez Lynk is they need either your device to re-tune the truck after repairs, or you need to give them the login to everything. And I cannot for the life of me find out where on the Ez is shows that I can return the truck back to stock? What the hell am I missing???

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Yeah mine now needs a pcm as well. Dealer is working on it. The problem with Ez Lynk is they need either your device to re-tune the truck after repairs, or you need to give them the login to everything. And I cannot for the life of me find out where on the Ez is shows that I can return the truck back to stock? What the hell am I missing???

Have to get a stock file sent from your tuner. My tuner didn't include mine originally had to request it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntTx777

Reaction score
Hell I am about to have to replace my batteries, what steps do I need to take to change them or does it even mater MM ******.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Hell I am about to have to replace my batteries, what steps do I need to take to change them or does it even mater MM ******.
Just change one at a time and the truck will never loose power. Shouldn't matter even if you did unhook them both, but if it will ease your mind one at a time is the way to go, just be careful not to touch the positive to anything metal

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online