2006 6.0 Issues

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ok guys I’ll try and cover all my bases. Truck is a 2006 Harley, the works have already been done etc. Truck runs awesome. I’ve done a few bolt on mods and brand new oddessy battery’s but that’s it. When I start the truck my air bag light stays on. My cruise works and my horn does not. Before I go digging into the dash I’ve heard it could be a clock spring? Would that cause the air bag light to stay on and the horn not work but allow cruise to work?

Second my back up sensor button stays on all the time. If I push it twice that light turns off meaning the sensors should be on right? I turned the key on but didn’t start the truck and put in reverse, walked back and put my ear to each sensor. Only one was making noise so I assume the others are bad? Would bad back up sensors cause the button light to stay on too? This truck has had these issues ever since I’ve had it. I’m just now getting tired of seeing lights. I don’t have a scanner with me as I’m in Oregon getting ready to travel back to TN in a week.

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Bad clock spring could definitely be the air bag issue. Best bet would be to pull the code to make sure what it is first though.

If you have a failed back up sensor, as soon as you put the vehicle in reverse, it will default to off, as it would rather say figure it out yourself, then have you back into something and then sue ford cause the back up sesnosr didn't go off. Anywho, pulling codes on that would be the best bet too, the sensors aint real cheap, and throwing all 4 at it would be a waste of money if its only 1 thats failed.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll see if I can find someone here with a good snap on scanner and see what they can find. I did have it at my local dealer before I came to OR just to make sure everything was in good working order and he didn’t mention other codes being present. I called sunrise and the back up sensors are on back order but that kinda sounds like the problem there. How bad are the clock springs to replace if that is the airbag light issue?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I need a good scanner anyways so I might just buy a good snap on scanner before I leave here. I’ll save that for another thread but they always come in handy. What kind of snap on scanner is the best right now for all these Diesel engines and trucks?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll see if I can find someone here with a good snap on scanner and see what they can find. I did have it at my local dealer before I came to OR just to make sure everything was in good working order and he didn’t mention other codes being present. I called sunrise and the back up sensors are on back order but that kinda sounds like the problem there. How bad are the clock springs to replace if that is the airbag light issue?
Clock spring is actually fairly easy. 2 8s hold the air bag in, then a t50 or 55 for the steering wheel, 3 phillips heads for the steering column shrouds, and a couple of 5.5s hold the clock spring in. Just make sure the wheels are straight and the steering wheel is centered when you do it

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
and dont drop the clockspring when installing :doh:
Impossible to wind up correctly :fustrate:

ncollins64

Reaction score
Thanks. I sent sunrise a msg so if it’s the clock spring I’m get this fixed as soon as I get home. Since I don’t have my laptop with me I’ll just see if someone can hook up to it to double check codes before I do throw parts at it but hopefully it is just that clock spring and rear sensors.

Latest posts

Members online