6.4 powerstroke turbo development::::

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I just finished up the research I needed to do on the 6.4 turbo. I will begin developing the turbo, I should have one ready by end of next week. I plan so far of having three stages of the turbo, will be factory drop in. First stage should be a nice upgrade, second stage will be a big size gain, and third will be for all out performance. The sizes of the compressor? well I will let members in on the low pressure size inducer only for now. Stage 1 68mm, stage 2 71mm, and stage 3 75mm. I will keep everyone updated as I get things developed.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
So it's just the l.p. atmo turbo your doing. HP is staying stock?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
And this is using the factory lp turbo ? That 75 will be an animal.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
What kind of testing do you plan on doing with this? I assume when you say you'll have one ready in a week, you mean it will be ready for testing....lots of testing.

Wayne

Reaction score
The 75 will be strong... if you can make it live. modified stock charger I presume? a couple years back we did a 76 that ran incredibly well. It even had a much larger turbine wheel, but was very prone to surge. It was several months before the shaft broke, but it did. We won't ever go anywhere near that big again on a modified stocker because we can't confidently put our name on it. I'm very interested to see what you come up with, and how it works out.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
So it's just the l.p. atmo turbo your doing. HP is staying stock?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No, high pressure will also be changed.

Sounds to me like he's only giving us lp sizes for now to draw some suspense

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just don't have everything set in stone so untill I do I just wanted to give an idea of some of the sizing. There will be alot of testing to make sure, that turbos will stay in one piece. First turbo will be ready for testing end of next month. I will be using some of the mods that I have been using with the 6.0 powerstroke turbos.

MINK

Reaction score
75 could be the big seller - I'm interested to see how this pans out, was originaly planning to just go with the Elite 72mm

Latest posts

Members online