ICP issue ?

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Having issues with my 05 randomly dieing. Most of the time it’s right after I have let out of the throttle at low speeds or when it’s sitting idle. It will start to act like it’s gunna die and then recover and run fine and then sometimes it dies.. every time it restarts just fine. I have unplugged the ICP and driven it that way for awhile and it hasn’t ever died. One time it started hard with the ICP unplugged kinda like it was starting to hydro lock and then it starts and there is a TON of white smoke that smells like raw fuel. Other times it started ok. Any thoughts I have access to a snap on that I can monitor and look for things but it will take me a few days to get it. Also if it’s randomly dieing will live data tell me anything or do I have to be looking at it as the symptoms are happening.. thanks in advance

bismic

Reaction score
The white exhaust smoke sounds like an injector dumping fuel. You can do a lot of damage to the engine if you drive it without addressing that issue.

The ICP might be an issue also, but the injector issue is a priority to resolve.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
That only happened 1 time when I had the ICP unplugged. After that I plugged it back in and it has started fine every time. No smoke at all.

bismic

Reaction score
Not sure why the ICP sensor would cause raw fuel to be dumped, but sounds like it needs to be replaced (or the connector/pigtail needs replacing).

Jmztransport84

Reaction score
My 04 would jerk at stop lights sometimes. I changed out icp sensor with oem one and new pig tail and it would still do it. I would disconnect it and be good but didnt like the white smoke at cold start ups. I recently found that my oil pressure sensor behind oil filter was hanging on by one strand. Ordered new pig tail and it's been fine since. I would check the wiring....

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I plugged my icp back in and since I did that it’s been ok. But I will definitely check the oil pressure sensor wiring

bismic

Reaction score
The oil pressure sensor ONLY goes to the dash gauge. It is not even connected to the PCM. It plays no part in any engine operational strategy.

Latest posts

Members online