Saginaw Swap Help!

TexasJ

Reaction score
Saginaw Swap, need help

Hi ya'll. This is my first post so bear with me please. I have a 96 F250 7.3 with over 300k miles, and after putting a 4" lift and some 35" Nitto tires on august of 2017 the steering gear box started leaking around nov/dec 2017. I replaced it with a RedHead gear box, but then the power steering pump started leaking too. It was a small leak so I didn't tackle it right away. I finally replaced the pump with a rebuilt one from amazon in July 18. I believe I broke it while pressing the pulley on, because I heard a crack. And the pump blew within 15 mins of driving. Spewed fluid everywhere. I had it towed to my buddy's shop and had him install another rebuilt pump, this time from Napa. That one worked flawlessly for about 3 weeks. No noise, no leaks, nothing. Then after a quick 10 minute drive I parked it for a few hours while in a meeting, and when I came out for lunch all my fluid was on the ground again. The front main seal had blown. Same problem as the original and the amazon pumps. So I took it back to Napa and exchanged it for yet a third rebuilt pump, and had a different mechanic install it, only to have that one start squealing at certain rpms the day after I picked it up, and now after 1 week it is leaking badly as well.

At this point I am seriously thinking about a saginaw swap. These crappy rebuilt pumps don't seem to be able to hold up. Now I know I will need to either modify my current ps bracket or get one out of an E350 van, and I'm not confident I can modify it myself without screwing something up, so that leaves me with finding one from a van. Problem is I don't know what year(s) of van I need to look for that have the bracket that will fit my truck. I also don't know the part number.

Do any of you know the part number for the bracket that will fit my 96 obs 7.3? Do any of you have the bracket for sale? Or if not do you know the year of van that will fit so I can search elsewhere? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online