Time to do injectors

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I would say to tin it yourself, but..... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Funny ha! Ha! I’m done mechchaning. I’ll just stick to what I know.
I didn’t see anything on their site so I left a message and I’ll try calling Monday. Any ideas what they charge for that?

MeTo

Reaction score
Jonathan fixed my Hydra, yes the Hydra went south and retinned the contacts (my tinning didn't meet his expectations) in two days. One week turn around with shipping both ways.

I tired to get some info from Jay, he said it was all proprietary. I mentioned that to Jonathan, he had a good laugh.

Last edited:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Jonathan fixed my Hydra, yes the Hydra went south and retinned the contacts (my tinning didn't meet his expectations) in two days. One week turn around with shipping both ways.

I tired to get some info from Jay, he said it was all proprietary. I mentioned that to Jonathan, he had a good laugh.

Just looking at your truck info there, how do you like the KC sxe drop in?

MeTo

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the KC "SXE". For my application (3.55 gears & ZF5), there is no smoke unless the rpms are below1500 or I"m doing a roll on in the cummins killer tune. It peaks around 37 psi. Boost starts building around 1400. I think that is impressive performance for a turbo which is limited by a 2" discharge orifice. Utilizing two Donaldson air filters definitely helps, faster spooling and less smoke. I hate smoke. IMHO, it has a market share. That being said, a BW SXE will flow more. If I had to do it over. I would build my own T4 and do a BW SXE.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the KC "SXE". For my application (3.55 gears & ZF5), there is no smoke unless the rpms are below1500 or I"m doing a roll on in the cummins killer tune. It peaks around 37 psi. Boost starts building around 1400. I think that is impressive performance for a turbo which is limited by a 2" discharge orifice. Utilizing two Donaldson air filters definitely helps, faster spooling and less smoke. I hate smoke. IMHO, it has a market share. That being said, a BW SXE will flow more. If I had to do it over. I would build my own T4 and do a BW SXE.

Sounds like it’s doing it’s job. How does it do pulling heavy. Say 12-15k lbs?

MeTo

Reaction score
I haven't pulled heavy AND high. In Wisconsin (~1000), if I get trapped behind someone going 55 or less up a hill, I have to shift to fourth. With 3.55s, the engine is only turning 1750 at 55. If I pulled heavy, taller gears would be mandatory. I don't, it pulls my converted aluminum cargo trailer (~2750) out west (mtn passes) twice a year and my wife's glam camper (~6500) in the midwest. It pulls fine with them and I get great millage. 15 to 17 with the campers and ~17 to over 20 empty. So, I'm keeping the 3.55s.

I hauled a friends tractor and back blade back to Wisconsin from Virginia. Total wight (tractor & trailer) was 13640 with no tall altitudes. It did well, in fact it pulled cooler the faster I drove. So 70 (~2100) was the norm. I averaged about 14.5 mpg over the entire return trip.

I have talked to Dusty a few times and will have it live tuned when we can get hooked up. Not because it's needed for my truck configuration but because live tuning improves EVERY configuration.

Last edited:

Back woods

Reaction score
The SXE turbine I am running does a good job. When towing I have to back down to a 45hp tune and EGTs plateau at 1150*. Ideally I would would like to be towing with an 85hp tune but EGTs start to climb towards 1300* when I start pulling a grade. Have not stayed in it long enough to see if it levels out or not. Not sure if making it a 66mm will yield gains or just go T4. Would like to think it would capitalize on a larger compressor wheel. Boost is between 25-27psi depending on the tune. Turbo is 60/70/1.15.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
After this truck is is straightened out I’ll have to change turbos as well,or at least according to kc I will. Stage 1 is not recommended for my injectors. I want to do a t4 with a 366. Just hoping I can get by on the kc till I can afford it. I would just do a gtp38r but I don’t want to hear that racket all the time.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Update here and I’d like to know some opinions. First off the mechanic says there is a lot of wiring issues with connectors,grounds(particularly gpr) fuse box has issues. This is probably caused by leaking brake fluid which I finally found and fixed. Also the fuel lines are leaking in several places. Also the transmission fill tube leaks and oil dipstick tube leaks at the block. Here’s what I need an opinion on: he says stock fuel pump won’t be enough for my 238/100 injectors. He is suggesting an air dog pump setup. I was thinking maybe 2 stock fuel pumps would be enough. What’s you guys opinions?

psduser1

Reaction score
Two stock pumps, all day. Probably a bit more $$$, but not really.
Dependability, ease of replacement, and simplicity.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Stock fuel pump will be fine. Even better is dual fuel pumps (stock). Stock pumps have built in anti drain.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Dirtclod

Reaction score
2 Bosch pumps are only @300$ and then I’d build a bracket for them or I could go with the fuel pump and filter assembly from irate with their hose kit it will match up with my reg return that I got from them. @ 600$ and just bolt on and connect the fittings. They have 2 year warranty with it and can keep a stocker and old setup in case it went out. Any you guys heard of anyone running their system or running one yourselves?

mcnance865

Reaction score
I run Irate's full system and it has worked great so far. Had it on about 9 months. Have not had any issues yet. It has the Deutsch Werks pump and I have not seen pressure drop below 63 psi. I run 238/80 injectors.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I run Irate's full system and it has worked great so far. Had it on about 9 months. Have not had any issues yet. It has the Deutsch Werks pump and I have not seen pressure drop below 63 psi. I run 238/80 injectors.

Ok thanks. I need to get in touch with them and see if the fuel line assembly they offer will connect straight to their reg return which I already have. Hopefully so cause that will make it simple and easy.

Latest posts

Members online