Water Under Carpet

PSDEng

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and bought a new truck that I thought would be trouble free.....

I was installing Amp steps on my 2019 F-250 and when I was running the trigger wires I reached under the carpet on the drivers side and I could feel a significant amount of moisture, enough that my hand was soaking wet. I checked the passengers side and it was bone dry.

Unfortunately I’m leaving Monday for work for a couple weeks and the dealer won’t give me a loaner for that long, so I have to wait until I get back in December to take it in.

Has anybody had this happen to their new truck? It only has 650 miles on it, it’s been driven in the rain once and washed once. Anything I can do to dry it out? I’m worried that insulation will never dry properly as thick as it is. Would I be better off setting up at the dealership in the area I’ll be working in rather than waiting?

I’m a little pissed this happened, I thought the stupid little issues like this would end buying a new vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I wouldn't let water sit in the carpet. If another dealer can get you in and fix it that's what I would do. Sucks to see this happen on a brand new truck.

needen$77

Reaction score
My dodge work truck has water coming in thru the 3rd brake light, its a 14 but damn how crappy do vehicals get put together these days. I dont have the money right now but i dont know what i would get. At least my 97 has an excuse for having issues

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PSDEng

Reaction score
I was able to get it reasonably dry by putting towels under the carpet until I had to leave. The dealer where I’ll be working is booked three weeks out so I may be screwed.

I’m thinking the weather came through one of the cab lights. We had about 4” of snow the night before that was melting pretty quick the next day. Ether way I’m likely going to demand to have new carpet put in once they find the leak.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Damn. That sucks bad.

My truck luckily has vinyl flooring and rubber floor mats.

I swapped my cab lights and third brake light when I first got my truck ands checked the seals on everything so that gave me some comfort knowing they shouldn't leak for awhile.

Definitely make sure some kind of dealer takes care of you, that should not be happening on a brand new 2019 truck no doubt.

PSDEng

Reaction score
I’m not too much concerned about the carpet, more so the 1/2” of insulation under the carpet. It’s pretty dense and I doubt it’ll ever properly dry.

Latest posts

Members online