Torque Technologies Tuner Newby

12white6.7

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and I have searched for the answers everywhere. Does anywhere now where to get info on the Torque tuner. I just bought a 2012 and it has it. From what I have gathered they are no longer in service... So that mean no updates? Will I be able to change it? Does not give a VIN assigned on the monitor. Does anyone no where I can get any of the literature on it?i.e. HP/Levels. Also is there a need to stud the heads with this? I am also new to Powerstrokes. Always had a Duramax and recently blew the head gasket on a Dodge.(Which i will never buy again lol) This truck would eat my previos Dodge for lunch. I am pleased so far with the truck and any help would be greatly appreciated!

sootie

Reaction score
I would ditch the TT myself due to it being mediocre tuning at best, with zero support. No you won't need head studs unless you plan to make well over 700hp. Seems like EZ Lync is the go to now...

12white6.7

Reaction score
I didnt think I would need to. I was thinking about the EZ Lync. Even when I had the dodge turd.lol Everyone seems to be talking about them too. The only info I could find was from dealers selling the TT's and thats minimal. W/O EGR HP levels were 50-135 supposedly... Probably why it came in the truck too. Thanks for the advice.

doo dah

Reaction score
I had a TT in my 2012 and it worked well. It was the only option at the time because H&S had been shut down. Once I replaced my turbo the tuner was useless because all you have is the canned tunes and they haven't had their updater active in over 2 years. Like Sootie recommended, if you want more customized tunes and you plan to make future upgrades I would get a more current tuner like EZ lync. If you aren't going to make hard part changes and are happy with the way it runs then save the $1,500 and use it for fuel because diesel is about to hit $3.50/gal across the states.

Latest posts

Members online