97 7.3 ccv options

dsberman94

Reaction score
I sent mine to atmosphere behind the back door. Smell a little standing outside the truck but nothing inside or while moving.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Tractor supply has a plastic canister with a stainless steel basket in it that guys were mounting with the hoses and it got rid of the smoke.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hey... What are the best options for a 7.3 with a T4 system.... Atmosphere or exhaust pipe
Exhaust pipe would help burn off the smell a little bit and burn off the oil drip so it isnt dripping on the ground. Can also drop it in front of the motor so the fan pushes the fumes around and it dissipates some too. But you will still get a drip.
That's a irrigation filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Still works and its cheap.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
I use a Mann Pro Vent. Vents back to the intake but no oil passes thru. Change the filter once or twice a year.

I had the Donaldson version of this on many L10 and M11 Cummins no problems.

Bigmo

Reaction score
I use a Mann Pro Vent. Vents back to the intake but no oil passes thru. Change the filter once or twice a year.

I had the Donaldson version of this on many L10 and M11 Cummins no problems.
Can you tell me more about the Provent 200. I want to install either the Donaldson or maybe this Provent. I am putting it on a 6.4 Powerstroke, want to make sure it has the flow capacity needed and inlet/outlet sizes needed. The hoses coming from the engine side are large, in the 7/8-1" range. The Donaldson can be ordered with the sizes needed. Im not sure about mounting at this time, looks like you need alot of room to get the element out during changes. Was going to put it on the frame.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

m_j

Reaction score
should be mounted higher then the pan oil level so the drain will work. not sure the frame meets that requirement

Bigmo

Reaction score
Not gonna drain it to the pan, gonna manually drain it every couple of weeks as needed. More concerned about once a year filter element change....will make a bracket that i can unbolt the unit and remove so i wont worry about clearance anove it to remove top and filter. Mount on frame just behind right wheel well
should be mounted higher then the pan oil level so the drain will work. not sure the frame meets that requirement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
On my trucks I’ve reversed the dog house on the VC, added a rubber 90 degree elbow, then ran 1” hose up over the brake booster (so residual oil will always flow back into dog house) then down inside the frame. Typically run the hose inside frame rail and tuck the end in between the front tank and tank guard. On lower mileage engines usually does smell or drip much at all. High milers yup, on those I put a small catch can made from Agriculture water filter and place steel wool inside it.

On crew cabs, in cold weather climate I’ve always made sure there are no low spots in the line to trap moisture/oil to prevent a frozen plug in the line happening.
j

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.