Led light static

Decker

Reaction score
So I installed new led projector headlights on my truck. Now when the lights are on I have static over my radio and it's only a few stations. But if my lights are off they all come in pretty clear. Anyone have any ideas to counter the interference? I seen the ferrite coils, anyone have any experience with these?

79jasper

Reaction score
Haven't heard of it with LEDs. Heard of issues with hids.
What brand? Cheapo's?
Check grounds and/or do the ferrite chokes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Decker

Reaction score
I don't know what brand led I'm assuming cheapos. They are the sypder projector headlights and they came with the LEDs. My old tinted lens we're chipping and cracking so I was looking for a new look without spending a lot. Everything is all soldered together. Never had issues before the LEDs. And only have issues when they are on. I think I'm gonna try the ferrite choke thing but I've read that people don't have to many good reviews about them. Some say they work others say waste of money.

79jasper

Reaction score
Ah....
Only other option would be redoing the bulbs with some better ones. Like is said, maybe try adding some individual grounds also.
The chokes should work. They worked for hids killing the engine when the wipers were turned on. Lol even bigger problem with the older dptuner, and it fixed those also.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online