Harmonic Balancer Wobble?

bkb

Reaction score
very hard to see. It needs to ride true or it will cause vibration and not do its job of absorbing vibration. throw an indicator on it and get a real idea of how un true its riding. harbor freight can get you a cheap indicator and mag base.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
These things simply do not fail. Unless the front main was leaking for like 75k miles and ate the isolator. I zip em off 250k motors and slap em right onto the new motors. No issues.

sootie

Reaction score
These things simply do not fail. Unless the front main was leaking for like 75k miles and ate the isolator. I zip em off 250k motors and slap em right onto the new motors. No issues.
Agreed. The only time I saw a failed one was on a six four that dropped a valve. The engine changed speeds so dramatically when it exploded that it damaged the balancer.

rman

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had read that a little wobble was exactly what it was supposed to do, hence the name balancer. I assume it would spin like a top with some RPMs.

Tackling this laundry list of issues extremely slowly. A/C and my hyenda/duck howl are next. I'm hoping for carrier bearing vs anything front end.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Latest posts

Members online