Wrench light on 2006 6.0

BigFoot

Reaction score
When I drive for more than about 30-45 minutes a wrench icon pops up on my dash display. It only kicks on when I drive for a while and I tried to get the code read but he couldn't do it while my truck was running I think and when we turned it off and back on no code. I have no idea what is going on, any thoughts? And my truck is completely stock except a straight pipe but the code was throwing before the straight pipe.

BigFoot

Reaction score
Do you have issues with warm starts? I had a high pressure oil leak when my truck did this. Light would turn off after I restart the truck.

Nope, truck starts just fine every time. That's what baffles me is that I don't notice anything wrong with the truck and the light only turns on after a bit of driving. There is no noticeable difference in performance when the light turns on either.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You should be able to read the codes while driving it without issue. I'm not sure why that couldn't be done???

BigFoot

Reaction score
You should be able to read the codes while driving it without issue. I'm not sure why that couldn't be done???

It threw the err code. I don't think the reader was compatible with my truck ( this is purely speculation, I don't know much about this stuff)

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's the other problem, usually generic code readers wont pick up on everything.

Where are you located, maybe there's a member nearby with AE.

BigFoot

Reaction score
Oil cooler temp split.

I kinda thought this after reading alot on the net. I'm not excited about this, it's gonna be a pain to change the cooler cause I don't wanna pay someone for the labor to do it :/ oh we'll what's a day of work I guess.

CCRICE

Reaction score
I didn't know a delta split would throw that wrench light on, good to know though. My buddies truck has thrown the wrench on long trips. I might have to slap my cts on it so he can monitor his deltas..

Mdub707

Reaction score
I didn't know a delta split would throw that wrench light on, good to know though. My buddies truck has thrown the wrench on long trips. I might have to slap my cts on it so he can monitor his deltas..

I believe it's only in certain strategies from Ford. It was a later update.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I believe it's only in certain strategies from Ford. It was a later update.

Thats correct some of the later strategy had that. It will not store a code. It will set a code but if you cycle the key it will not be stored.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Have to check the codes during that ignition cycle. Had a truck doing the same thing guy kept bringing it back, but never a code stored. Had to bring it while the light was on.

Latest posts

Members online