Good Diesel Mechanics Way N. Tx/Durant,Ok Area?

Enoch

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good diesel shop/mechanic way N. Texas near,

Sherman, Denison, Pottsboro, Bonham, Whitesboro, Whitewright etc?

Willing to travel a little ways.
Needing to get both trucks dialed in.
Both trucks are 7.3's.
Would like as a regular mechanic so fair prices would be nice.

Thanks

One truck I believe the EBPV is sticking, on acceleration exhaust temps sky rocket and really don't move to quick.
Also truck shifts way too quick through the gears. (Speed Sensor?) Trans has been rebuilt with billet torque convertor not too long ago.
Has SCT programmer, Garrett 38r, big air filter, that's about it.

The other one was told injector 6 was dead, an injector was swapped and now the check engine light goes on/off. As well as I'm pretty sure it has an exhaust leak where the down pipe meets the turbo.
Has flash tune and straight piped.

Last edited:

Enoch

Reaction score
I appreciate the response but I'm just not able to drive 2 hrs one way, I've done that before as the mechanic I used to go to was in S Ft. Worth. It's just way too expensive to go there, have someone follow me and then get a ride back. Not to mention the times I had to turn around and go back for something small.
ghohouston I would appreciate the info.

Enoch

Reaction score
May be going to Matt's, now would be a great time to own a car hauler.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
I take both my 7.3L and 6.0L to A&G Auto in Celina, it's still a ways south but it's definitely not S. Fort Worth.

Anything I can't fix myself I have them do. My Dad likes them so much that he drives his truck from Kansas down to get worked on there when he wants something done (and just calls it a visit to see his granddaughter lol).

Enoch

Reaction score
No I appreciate it nonetheless. I just don't get on here much anymore. But I still have my truck and still need a good mechanic.

Thanks again!

tubular031

Reaction score
I am a wanna be redneck in anna with lots of tools, auto enginunity, and 2 7.3 trucks. I have learned a ton about the 7.3 platform in the past years. Hit me up if you need help or a hand. I also have a gooseneck too

Fyi get the ebpv ******. You dont need it. Did it on tiny years ago since it was leaking oil and will be doing the same on tot very soon along with a long list of other goodies :)

Latest posts

Members online