Window Regulator

PDT1081

Reaction score
My driver's window quit working yesterday. Worked when I left work, but not when I got home an hour later. Didn't work this morning either. Luckily it failed while the window was closed. Haven't looked too in depth online yet, but are there any differences between the cheaper replacements and the OEMs? It's a 2013 with auto up and down.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
No idea, but I would think it is easier to test than pull the door apart and replace the motor. How many miles on the truck and would you say that you use the window often? My dad had a 2002 7.3 and the window went up/down every minute or so as he drove around talking on the phone and smoking. The driver’s regulator lasted about 150K.

PDT1081

Reaction score
No idea, but I would think it is easier to test than pull the door apart and replace the motor. How many miles on the truck and would you say that you use the window often? My dad had a 2002 7.3 and the window went up/down every minute or so as he drove around talking on the phone and smoking. The driver’s regulator lasted about 150K.

Around 140k. I'd say average use. The other 3 windows work from the driver's door.

Smokun

Reaction score
This may sound odd but disconnect the batteries for about five minutes and reconnect. Mine has done thisTo me numerous times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Finally got the chance to actually tear into this. New switch, new window regulator, and still nothing. The window motor fuse under the hood is good, as well as the one in the passenger foot panel. The two larger wires in the plug for the regulator show 3.5 volts at all times. No affect from the switch. I'm at a loss as the wire harness inside the door isn't exactly accessible to start tracing wires. Really sucks now because instead of having a window stuck closed, it's now half way down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.