ICP ISSUES.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Hey guys, just an update. I recently took a job in Texas and haven't had time to do much work on the truck. The job I took in Texas keeps me here 7 days a week, and God willing I'll be moving back to Texas for good in June/July. It's a good time to get out of that God for sake'n state.
Anyhow, the transmission is sitting on the floor in my garage with a fresh build in it. I'm not gonna be the one to put it back in, I've got a friend/tech that's gonna do this for me, just waiting for him to get some time to get it done, then he'll be the one helping me to diagnose the original issue's where it would buck and die while losing icp. From what I've read the more common causes of these symptoms are, Ipr's, water in the idm or a bad tps. These seem to be the more common issues that cause the hesitation and bucking and then the engine dying while driving and losing icp etc. I'll report back once the transmission is back in and the ipr's have been replaced. Yes I bought 2 new iprs. I'm just gonna have them replaced and see what this brings.
God Bless.
Onn edit, I'm going to throw an sxe 472 in there as soon as I get these issues resolved. Should be fun! LOL...

Last edited:

Countrycar

Reaction score
You took a job in Texas and can’t wait to go back to Texas?
LOL, no not quite. I live in California but I'm from Texas. I've been there in Ca for longer than I care to admit. But now that I have a job here in Texas, I will move my family back here. I work in the oilfield, so most of us travel back and forth from there home states. If that makes sense.

The Brad

Reaction score
LOL, no not quite. I live in California but I'm from Texas. I've been there in Ca for longer than I care to admit. But now that I have a job here in Texas, I will move my family back here. I work in the oilfield, so most of us travel back and forth from there home states. If that makes sense.

Take me with you!

Countrycar

Reaction score
Well here is the latest. The Transmission is back in and the truck is up and running. I had both Ipr's replaced and the truck has been running just fine with no problems to what so ever for 2 days now. So at this point, it does seem appear that maybe my issues were a bad ipr.

Arisley

Reaction score
Your writing is probably just fine. Typing is the issue. When writing, the mind slows down to the speed of your writing. When typing, the mind tries to make your fingers keep up.

Glad you found the issue. Glad you get to come home. Been cold lately, 12º this morning, but you know Texas, it will 70º by Friday.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Your writing is probably just fine. Typing is the issue. When writing, the mind slows down to the speed of your writing. When typing, the mind tries to make your fingers keep up.

Glad you found the issue. Glad you get to come home. Been cold lately, 12º this morning, but you know Texas, it will 70º by Friday.
OH yeah, been dang cold out here in west Texas as well. It's 12 degrees here N or Pecos this morning... :eek:

Countrycar

Reaction score
I saw a US map showing weather coverage. It showed temps for major cities in the US. For Texas, it was just shaded in red and said "CLOSED".
Nope, we worked thru it, well the contractor did anyhow. I cabbed up..
My son has been driving the truck back and forth on his daily duties, and it's been working just fine. Thank you Jesus... I was getting real tired of dealing with this. At least now I can look forward to putting that Sxe turbo on my truck and put this one behind me..:rockon::pint:

Countrycar

Reaction score
Hey guys, just an update to this thread. After I had written my response back in January, I had my truck brought out to Texas to me. So any how the truck ran fine after changing the ipr's for about 2.5 weeks, then the issues began all over again cutting out and bucking and dying on me too. At this point I decided to take it to a shop close to me out here in Odessa TX and they finally took care of it. It turned out to be a combination of 2 problems that was causing me all this grief. One issue was 2 of my injectors had bad o-rings, and the second issue was a bad pass-side UVCH. I figured I would update this thread just in case any one else experiences these same issues.

Last edited:

BS Hauler

Reaction score
Thank you for coming back and giving us the reason for all of this. I hate it when nobody comes back after they find out what the problems are and tells how it got fixed.

Latest posts

Members online