How are you guys doing your crank case vent?

chaselee

Reaction score
When I went t4 with the BW turbo and intercooler the shop that installed everything just dumped the ccv down by the driver's side leaf spring. He told me that he didn't want to put that junk back into my new turbo, but frankly I'm tired of smelling it. He mentioned that we could do a Venturi into the exhaust, but I've read that they don't work all that well.

So what have you guys done that works well and gets rid of the smell? Thanks.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Run the hose longer to the back of the truck. No smell in the cab.

I use 3/4” diesel transfer hose since it’s rated for oil/fuel. Most use heater hose.

chaselee

Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. I don't usually smell it in the cab, just while outside. And the small haze that comes out is a little annoying as well.

sootie

Reaction score
venturis work fine if installed correctly. other option is to do a catch can and run it back into the intake.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Catch can to atmosphere behind the truck. Your piping probably isn’t set up for it to be routed back in anyway.

JCart

Reaction score
I reversed the dog house on the VC, added a 90 degree elbow ran hose up over brake booster so any oil particles will drain back into VC. Then ran hose down frame rail ensuring no sags in line and tucked end of hose between front fuel tank and fuel tank guard, works awesome.
j

Latest posts

Members online