Water in oil

wjamesm

Reaction score
Well finally got some time to get back to the truck . Pulled the valve covers off the night before and flushed out the oil that had mixed with coolant . Got my compression tester made up and pulled the glow plugs after i let it run for about 10 min. to warm up . Got about 310 to 320 across each hole . I wanted to check compression to see if maybe i had a headgasket problem . Didn't pull the injectors yet , I wanted to do the test first . After testing all the clyinders i went back and put some oil in the holes to see if it brought the numbers up any , it did but only 10lbs or so . I know 320 is low , I think 350 is the bottom of scale for a acceptable reading . Don't know if i should bother pulling the injectors now and just start looking for a good used motor .

wjamesm

Reaction score
I think i am going to get some tracer Dye and put in the coolant and start pulling injectors tomorrow to check the cups . I only have water in the cooling system right now so it might be hard to see plain water leaking into the cups and it's forecasted to start having temps below 32* here at night so i want to get the water out of the block .

uncool

Reaction score
When you get all the injectors out, plug in the block heater. It will warm the water and if you have cracked cups it will open the crack and water will seep.

Latest posts

Members online