KC Turbo 6.7 Testing Thread

KCTurbos

Reaction score
im pretty sure that track times prove that 2011-2014s are only good to a little over 450ish hp with stock fuel and turbo. then with a 15 pump they are near 480ish due to being turbo limited.. but that info might be a couple years old from around the time i started messing with mine. last track times i have put it at 450 hp. might be stronger now with the new tunes but it drops rail so i cant hold it for very long to verify.

live life full throttle

I would imagine that the ability to hold rail pressure can/will change the HP output of a 2011.

We did a lot of research on the subject before starting our testing and our numbers fall right in line with what we were told to expect from guys much more experienced in the 6.7 game.

When asking whether we should test the 2015 pump with the 2011 turbo, most said it was a total waste because the gains would be minimal if any at all (5-15hp max). The stock 2011 turbo is pretty maxed out on a healthy 2011 pump holding pressure.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would imagine that the ability to hold rail pressure can/will change the HP output of a 2011.

We did a lot of research on the subject before starting our testing and our numbers fall right in line with what we were told to expect from guys much more experienced in the 6.7 game.

When asking whether we should test the 2015 pump with the 2011 turbo, most said it was a total waste because the gains would be minimal if any at all (5-15hp max). The stock 2011 turbo is pretty maxed out on a healthy 2011 pump holding pressure.
yeah 10-4. makes perfect sense.

live life full throttle

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Here are the results from the No limit intake we swapped on. Fit and finish were great! Thanks Mike! I bet the gains would have been much bigger if we had more fuel. Truck seriously runs super clean (almost like a stock truck), except in the upper rpms where you can see the gains from the No Limit Intake.

Peak HP gain was 10hp but you can see that the bigger gains came on the top end above 3000rpms. On the top end it gained about 15-20hp

He3jRUdh.jpg

what were the mods for this setup again? a 15+ turbo swap with a NL stage 2 intake and tunes only?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
what were the mods for this setup again? a 15+ turbo swap with a NL stage 2 intake and tunes only?

Only mods are
EZ lynk with truck source diesel tunes
"high flow exhaust" and no egr
No Limit Stage 2 intake
2015 turbo (unmodified)

dsmracing1

Reaction score
im pretty sure that track times prove that 2011-2014s are only good to a little over 450ish hp with stock fuel and turbo. then with a 15 pump they are near 480ish due to being turbo limited.. but that info might be a couple years old from around the time i started messing with mine. last track times i have put it at 450 hp. might be stronger now with the new tunes but it drops rail so i cant hold it for very long to verify.

live life full throttle

With Geerhead tunes, no limit intake, intercooler and a 5” exhaust I made 496whp with a 2014 truck... I made 655whp on the exact same dyne with the street max and dual fuelers so I want to say it was fairly accurate?? The 496whp sheet is actually on No Limits website. I was very surprised that I was holding rail pressure at that power level too!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
With Geerhead tunes, no limit intake, intercooler and a 5” exhaust I made 496whp with a 2014 truck... I made 655whp on the exact same dyne with the street max and dual fuelers so I want to say it was fairly accurate?? The 496whp sheet is actually on No Limits website. I was very surprised that I was holding rail pressure at that power level too!
nice!

live life full throttle

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Only mods are
EZ lynk with truck source diesel tunes
"high flow exhaust" and no egr
No Limit Stage 2 intake
2015 turbo (unmodified)

thanks lol I have most of those mods covered just not the turbo swap yet (my next mod). do you think a piping kit would've helped more with the torque or not so much?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
thanks lol I have most of those mods covered just not the turbo swap yet (my next mod). do you think a piping kit would've helped more with the torque or not so much?

I don't think it would have helped very much. Truck seriously runs so clean in the mid range... I just don't think there is enough fuel left over to make much more tq in the mid range. The top end gets a little dirty so I can see a lot more improvement in that area.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We did some more dyno testing on our 2011 f250 6.7 test truck. The results were much more impressive than we were expecting.

This test was to show how much power is gained when swapping on a 2015 cp4 fuel pump. Truck mods: stock 2015 turbo, EGR/*** ******, No Limit Air intake, and EZ Lynk loaded with Truck Source Diesel SPD tunes (aka Super Panty Dropper tune)

Peak HP increase 38hp
Peak Tq increase 96tq

So with the 2015 turbo and CP4 with TSD SPD tunes
582hp
1308tq

Huge shout out to Chris Buhidar with Truck Source Diesel & Off-Road for the quick turn around on the amazing tunes! The truck is SO MUCH fun to drive. It is incredible to punch the throttle at 1800rpms with 2nd gear early lockup... it puts a smile on your face every time!

Ffn3Mejh.jpg

Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
We did some more dyno testing on our 2011 f250 6.7 test truck. The results were much more impressive than we were expecting.

This test was to show how much power is gained when swapping on a 2015 cp4 fuel pump. Truck mods: stock 2015 turbo, EGR/*** ******, No Limit Air intake, and EZ Lynk loaded with Truck Source Diesel SPD tunes (aka Super Panty Dropper tune)

Peak HP increase 38hp
Peak Tq increase 96tq

So with the 2015 turbo and CP4 with TSD SPD tunes
582hp
1308tq

Huge shout out to Chris Buhidar with Truck Source Diesel & Off-Road for the quick turn around on the amazing tunes! The truck is SO MUCH fun to drive. It is incredible to punch the throttle at 1800rpms with 2nd gear early lockup... it puts a smile on your face every time!

Ffn3Mejh.jpg

wow that's really impressive for a stock 2015 turbo and CP4 setup! nice and thanks for a complete testing of each part as you add them! it helps put into perspective what parts help with making power and what sort of power that might be

doo dah

Reaction score
TSD is just across town from me...............might be time to go back over there. They weren't too big in tuning 6.7s when I was there last but now it seems they got it right. I have a brand new 2016 CP4.2 in the box ready to go on. Sounds like it will make a nice bump with my set up. Thanks for sharing your research in a step by step method.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
TSD is just across town from me...............might be time to go back over there. They weren't too big in tuning 6.7s when I was there last but now it seems they got it right. I have a brand new 2016 CP4.2 in the box ready to go on. Sounds like it will make a nice bump with my set up. Thanks for sharing your research in a step by step method.

exactly. them doing it one step at a time helps guys like us doing the same to see roughly what it will do for our older 11-14 trucks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how long before you guys will have a 15+ turbo ready for me to try.. lol.. i got a 15 hpfp sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.. figured i would just put that on for now and wait till i can save up some pennies for a 15 kit. i dont see the point in putting a stock turbo on unless i get a hell of a deal on one. lol

live life full throttle

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
hey somebody chime in and correct me but the factory rods can live at the 580ish/1300 numbers KCturbo made right? I thought 650rwhp was the safe limit of the factory rods correct?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
hey somebody chime in and correct me but the factory rods can live at the 580ish/1300 numbers KCturbo made right? I thought 650rwhp was the safe limit of the factory rods correct?

It is not just HP that kills these motors. IMO huge tq numbers way down low can cause big issues also. (also crazy timing also has a big effect)

580hp should be fine
1300tq at 2000rpms should be fine... but I don't think I would want to be making any more tq down low. I think that is why a lot of these trucks last longer in the higher HP range with non-vgt because it move the tq curve up a couple hundred RPMS. Kind of the same theory on 7.3 trucks. They tend to be really conservative down low with tuning and it helps them to last longer at higher HP levels

KCTurbos

Reaction score
how long before you guys will have a 15+ turbo ready for me to try.. lol.. i got a 15 hpfp sitting on the shelf waiting to go on.. figured i would just put that on for now and wait till i can save up some pennies for a 15 kit. i dont see the point in putting a stock turbo on unless i get a hell of a deal on one. lol

live life full throttle

Plan was to have one ready by the first of the year... but the process is always slower than what we hope for.

Billet wheel options should be getting tested in the next week.

Then we are going to do some simple compressor wheel swaps (similar to the streetmax). See if it is even worth it on that baby turbine wheel.

Then we are going to try a couple different turbine wheels with a couple compressor wheels.

So it could be a few months still till we figure out what is going to work best... we usually don't do this publicly... but we thought it might be fun for the public to see how we come up with our turbo designs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Plan was to have one ready by the first of the year... but the process is always slower than what we hope for.

Then we are going to do some simple compressor wheel swaps (similar to the streetmax). See if it is even worth it on that baby turbine wheel.

Then we are going to try a couple different turbine wheels with a couple compressor wheels.

So it could be a few months still till we figure out what is going to work best... we usually don't do this publicly... but we thought it might be fun for the public to see how we come up with our turbo designs.
right on! sounds good!

live life full throttle

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
sub 700 hp

well while I could only hope for numbers that high I doubt that "new" CP4 will get me there lol

It is not just HP that kills these motors. IMO huge tq numbers way down low can cause big issues also. (also crazy timing also has a big effect)

580hp should be fine
1300tq at 2000rpms should be fine... but I don't think I would want to be making any more tq down low. I think that is why a lot of these trucks last longer in the higher HP range with non-vgt because it move the tq curve up a couple hundred RPMS. Kind of the same theory on 7.3 trucks. They tend to be really conservative down low with tuning and it helps them to last longer at higher HP levels

nice thanks for the feedback. that would be really interesting the part about building turbines at least from an engineer's point of view lol

Latest posts

Members online