Catch Can and Venturi

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
The sensor is a hall effect sensor, detects whether. Seems like 11s and 12s have no trouble at all unplugging this, but some 13s and definitely 14s-current throw codes if you were to unplug or remove it. I'm sure this is addressed by tuners so it doesn't throw codes, but for stock trucks it most certainly will.
????English please

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
????English please

Haha I'm sorry...not sure why it cut off my last bit of explanation. A hall effect sensor detects whether it's near iron/steel or not.

So when the ccv is plugged in to the intake horn, the switch is closed and all is well. When you unhook the ccv tube, it knows (via magnet) that it's not connected correctly and the switch opens, throwing the CEL.

Is that a little better?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The sensor is a hall effect sensor, detects whether. Seems like 11s and 12s have no trouble at all unplugging this, but some 13s and definitely 14s-current throw codes if you were to unplug or remove it. I'm sure this is addressed by tuners so it doesn't throw codes, but for stock trucks it most certainly will.

This is correct. It seem that if the hose is part of the box, you will have issues on a stock truck. If it has push tabs at the box then it seems like it wont throw a code. We have been seeing a binch of these go bad while hooked up. Probably done 5 box/hose combos in the past month or so. Tuning will probably ignore yhe sensor however.

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Well I am tuned so it explains why no codes . Better have one handy if I have to go back to stock for a warranty issue since I tore that one apart playing detective ..

andy4343

Reaction score
I had my no limit catch can and venturi installed and my truck still smokes/hazes at idle. Can is on the frame and venturi welded in.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Where did you mount the venturi? If you put it too far back it will still smoke just as much

I dont mind the extra haze at idle. I noticed it more when Im towing then let the truck idle for a minute it will have a haze. I figure it lets me know its pulling something threw the hose

justincase289

Reaction score
Does the Venturi come with instructions on instal location for best results? I have seen video of venturis flowing reverse at idle, hoping that can be prevented with proper install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.