6.0l Over Boost When towing

eclipsemf

Reaction score
We have a 2005 6.0l at work which is having trouble with towing heavier loads (8k plus lbs). Truck runs great and rips as it should under no real load but the second we put some weight behinds it going up hill we have the wrench that comes on and it goes in to limp mode. We get codes P0299 P2262.

I have checked and cleaned the EGR, Map sensor nipple was clogged and before we had no boost, we now get boost. I have also verified that we have no boost leaks.

What could the possible cause of this? I have seen a lot of the turbo vein getting suck or maybe a clogged cat. I just wanted to get opinions on this specific case before I dig too deep.

Thanks!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Toss a turbo on it! It's pretty much stuck/sticking in a sweet spot. Unfortunately it defuel at that boost level

eclipsemf

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I also forgot to mention the truck only has 23k miles on it, mostly towing. Id there a chance I can take it off and just clean it and hope.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You can try cleaning it, but with that low of mileage, it is probably pitted to all he'll. It may need a center housing. Which its typically cheaper/better warranty to put a whole turbo on. Of the turbine housing is pitted to where the vanes are sticky, even after cleaning it, you'll need to put a turbo on.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
clean the ebp tube as well and check the sensor just to be safe but ya-likely a turbo wouldnt go awry

Latest posts

Members online