Catch Can and Venturi

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the protoype that i have approved. i should have a price tomorrow. it will either include or have an option for stainless hose , and will have a fitting option for 1" or 3/4" so both 6.7 and 6.4 are covered. I am super pumped on how heavy duty and clean this is.

67CatchCan.jpg

Venturi.jpg

Order here:

http://nolimitfabrication.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=364

Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score
Looks great. Need a pic mounted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
Will most of you guys keep running it to the atmosphere, exhaust or back into the intake ? Wouldn't it be best to route it back to the intake to get the vacuum back because the can is catching all the oil?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Will most of you guys keep running it to the atmosphere, exhaust or back into the intake ? Wouldn't it be best to route it back to the intake to get the vacuum back because the can is catching all the oil?

you saw the venturi fitting right? the 2nd pic ?

Venturi.jpg

jwalk09

Reaction score
you saw the venturi fitting right? the 2nd pic ?

Venturi.jpg

Yeh I did. So I guess most will put in exhaust. I left my ccv box in place and just rerouted off the box to atmosphere. I like the idea of adding the catch can in with the stock box and route back into intake. Wouldn't think any oil at all would make it past both. Dumb ?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Does the venturi need to be welded on? Im curious on placement as well. I just wonder how much of my money your gonna get this time LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tested the venturi? Where abouts was your placement in the exhaust?

juts following the path of physics this is a standard venturi angle that is proven to work , it's on a 45* and you basically have no choice but to install it that way. anywhere in the exhaust stream is suffice. we will supply a recommended spot for installation. and yes, welded in .

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Im interested to see if it works (not bashing) Ive just read several threads about not being able to make the venturi effect work in exhaust (unless its placed almost at the tip of the tail pipe?) , I guess it comes down to the "ambient pressure" in the pipe exceeding ~14.7 psi due to the restriction that is the exhaust pipe, and that effectively being the pressure that goes into the crankcase at that point. (at least thats how I understand it, could be wrong)

Aside from all that, the can looks beautiful. I may be interested in it for my ol 7.3. I definitely intend on seeing how they price out. The fabrication quality looks beautiful! Any shots of the inside of the can? I definitely dig the sight glass.

Notneb

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet, anyone who says that has never tried the setup and put a digital vacuum meter on the setup. I've got a similar setup on my rig, and it provides plenty of vacuum to keep the crankcase happy. I'm sure Mike has hooked up a meter and made damn sure it works, and as soon as I get my hands on said kit, I'll put my meter on it and post up the results.

Edit: Yes I used the word "setup" a lot, deal with it, Jack Daniels is in town.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I am hoping that what I read was wrong. I'd love to see it work. That's just what's kept me from trying it myself. As I said, the fabrication work looks fantastic.

Latest posts

Members online